Fat Arses Report here! Anybody want to do a biggest loser competition?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First week is done. I'll admit, I cheated on my diet WAY more than I thought I would. The first week is usually the easy part so I'm a little frustrated on that. However, even with the cheating I still ate better than I have over the last 2 months, and I got in my miles either on the road or on a treadmill.

First check-in = 209.0 (-4 pounds)

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Initial weigh in. 335.0

First weigh in 325.2 (down 9.8)

I stayed with it pretty good except for yesterday. Drank lots of water, cut out all the soda and almost all sugar.. detected for long periods a few times :)

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
1/1/18 my weigh in is 234 lbs.

1/8/2018 235 lbs(company party over the weekend)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1/8/18 - 278-lbs / -1 pound.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job all you guys. Remember this is not somethin that happens all at once so if you didn't see much of a change just yet, don't give up. My buddy Porky (there was a reason he was called Porky) was tellin me about his diet program. He didn't lose nothin at first and would have gotten discouraged but Porky was nothin if not stubborn and after two months it kicked in. He finally went from around 350 down to under 200. He just kept after it. Y'all keep after it too, as I don't want to read how you gave it up along come the first of next month.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Monday folks!! Time for the the weigh in

Started at 335.0
Last week 325.2
This week 319.8

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to weigh this morning before I left for work, so I'll have to do it tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous, I was terrible about my diet this week and the wicked cold kept me from running, but it is what it is and I'll find out in the morning

Happy Monday folks!! Time for the the weigh in

Started at 335.0
Last week 325.2
This week 319.8

You're doing awesome! keep up the good work!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SUGAR THE BITTER TRUTH

Fructose tricks your brain of feeling good similar to being drunk. ALL SUGARS are bad for us.

The video bellow changed my life for the better. When you realize that this San Francisco professor of Pediatrics and endocrinology Is NOT selling you a miracle cure in a bottle but he is gifting you knowledge so you understand why
There is an obese epidemic in our country your life will be changed For the better as well.

This is a edited hughlighted condensed version of his long lecture

Here is his full lecture

Sugar is EVIL. Lab rats chose sugar over heroin once addicted.

Good luck fellow treasure hunters. YOU CAN DO IT.

8699B847-CFF5-418C-987C-0964388741A5.jpeg

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife says I look good in the dark. :( Iv'e gained 60 lbs since last year not being able to walk much (broken back and destroyed left knee) Backs doing better and I get a new knee next week (its going to be my Banner find for the year) so I'm in.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, the US Army (and I'm sure other branches as well) uses the "height and weight standards" set in the 1940s as a reason to kick out obese soldiers. When that standard was created, it was because too many soldier were TOO THIN. The biggest change since that time is that our diets have changed from freshly prepared meals at home (with fresh ingredients bought locally) to eating pre-packaged and fast food. When you start reading labels for ingredients and nutrients you find that almost everything your buy pre-packaged is loaded with salt and sugar. You can't even buy dried fruit that isn't first soaked in sugar-water.

Sugar IS a drug. don't believe it? make a real effort to cut out all sugar and refined carbs from your diet. see how long you last until your brain is screaming for bread or a donut or icecream. You'll be drooling over thoughts of sugar laden foods within days even though you are eating plenty of calories of whole, natural foods.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monday 1-15-18) 276-lbs :occasion14:

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sugar.............

I have been doing a lot of studying lately with this round of losing weight. I truly want this to be the last time I have to lose weight. I do not want Diabetes and it's friends so this has drove me to researching this so much lately.

So there are a lot of studies out now on what sugar does to you. It does not matter if it is from fruit or refined. The fiber that comes with fruit can make the effect less but sugar is sugar refined or not. The damage it does to your system and how it is converted to fat is amazing, The fact it is what creates triglycerides, Cholesterol, and damages the arteries.

Me not wanting to get diabetes had led to me wanting to know the science behind it and it has led to the "Keto" style diet and Intermittent fasting, Not atkins but Keto. I am not doing Keto yet but there are some super valuable studies and proof it is super good for you. Not as a temporary diet but as a life style, The way peoples blood work comes back beyond good has frustrated all the "eat a balanced Diet" folks or "go vegan" folks. It has 100% proven wrong the whole food pyramid adopted by the USA.. It is just now gaining steam as more and more proof comes forward. That being said it is not "politically correct to say the truth.. hahaha

It goes against everything you have been told for a long long time but it makes more sense than ever when you look at the science of it. Please take a few minutes to watch Dr Fung's video. He really provides a really scientific view of what you body is doing with insulin and metabolism. Again as I have said in the past there is more than one way to get healthy but for all the nay sayers of intermittent fasting and Keto please read up on it.

Then there is the Intermittent fasting I brought up, Dr Fung and many others go into great detail about the benefits of it. How it can take a person who is diabetic and literally fix them.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fat and Sugar, Part 1 - Home | Ideas with Paul Kennedy | CBC Radio
Fat and Sugar, Part 2 - Home | Ideas with Paul Kennedy | CBC Radio

These are about 54 minutes long each, the program is from the public broadcaster CBC Radio.

They had one on this past week about sugar substitute that has the green light and they put it in everything even beef. The body is taking such a beating from even trying to eat healthy but the labs have invented so many ways to trick our craving buttons it's scary. I battle from being under weight, trying to put on weight is as hard as folks taking it off. 25+ yrs ago they (Dr's) did tests and figured I have to eat 2400+cal. a day just to maintain weight, I do anything I would have to eat more. I can loose 10 pounds over a couple of days if I push my body doing hard work.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, my weekly weigh in is 209, same as last week so I'm holding at -4 pounds

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
GAH! I forgot to post my weigh in...but I keep track :)

1/15/2018 233 lbs -2 pounds.

To my fellow posters, as far as sugar or other nutrients are concerned, be very careful of what you post. It's not that its good or bad advice but it may not be the best advice for that person. Someone may read this, follow the advice because it works for someone and end up ill or worse. I would really hate to see something happen to someone because they didn't check with their doctor first.

BTW, I happen to agree with you the assessment that sugar is bad as well as certain other nutrients and THAT is all i'm going to say on it.

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Little late to the party but I started yesterday.

01/15/2018 285 Lbs.

70 Lbs to loose.

Swam 2500 Meters this morning. Cut back on calories. As natural as I can for food. No more coffee so my body can absorb nutrients.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread