Fat Arses Report here! Anybody want to do a biggest loser competition?

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GAH! I forgot to post my weigh in...but I keep track :)

1/15/2018 233 lbs -2 pounds.

To my fellow posters, as far as sugar or other nutrients are concerned, be very careful of what you post. It's not that its good or bad advice but it may not be the best advice for that person. Someone may read this, follow the advice because it works for someone and end up ill or worse. I would really hate to see something happen to someone because they didn't check with their doctor first.

BTW, I happen to agree with you the assessment that sugar is bad as well as certain other nutrients and THAT is all i'm going to say on it.

Keep up the good work!!

I look at it completely different, As far as I know everyone is an adult who is posting here. For me it would be crazy to think folks just do things without doing their research.

Another thing is if you are going to your local Family practice you are not seeing a expert in this field what so ever more than likely. I would suggest seeking out folks who have made this a passion in life and well as backing their work by science not doing what is just the "Norm" There is a reason why the majority of people are fat now a days. Conventional wisdom may not be right.. Science folks science :)

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little late to the party but I started yesterday.

01/15/2018 285 Lbs.

70 Lbs to loose.

Swam 2500 Meters this morning. Cut back on calories. As natural as I can for food. No more coffee so my body can absorb nutrients.

Welcome aboard. You indeed started off with a bang!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job all y'all and keep it up. You can do it. Told you I'd cheer you on!

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody, a little tip, stay away from water with additives e.g. aspartame, sucralose etc. I drink only seltzer water with natural flavors.....Joe McDonough

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because they are un-necessary for good water and may not be good for you DYODD.....Joe McDonough

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because they are un-necessary for good water and may not be good for you DYODD.....Joe McDonough

yeah, but people get tired of chugging plain water day after day. Something with flavor and without calories are good for preventing tedium of the same thing endlessly.

Please show documentation that they are bad for you.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yeah, but people get tired of chugging plain water day after day. Something with flavor and without calories are good for preventing tedium of the same thing endlessly.

Please show documentation that they are bad for you.

Happy reading, The Mercola site will provide so much information on health and what is good or bad.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/artificial-sweeteners-sugar-free-but-at-what-cost-201207165030
https://healthyfocus.org/7-sucralose-side-effects/
https://aspartame.mercola.com

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From everything I have been reading is they do actually trigger insulin production just like sugar. That in itself is a big reason for me.

Watching this videos I posted go into insulin production and how it effects weight loss and diabetes.

Constant raised levels of insulin helps the body store fat, or essentially triggers the fat storage. It is huge.

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very proud of all of you! You can do anything you want with dedication and effort.

My wife used to fight MMA and we have always been in shape and taken our diet and health pretty seriously. I will say the hardest part is NOT losing weight....it is keeping it off in the long run and not falling into the trap of bad habits once you get to goal. Make new goals!!! Never stop and be happy with where you get. Always think about where else you can go.

Ice cream and candies and cheeseburgers are DELICIOUS!!! However, knowing you have a better chance of making it to see your grandkids is even tastier. Fruit tastes good...so does garlic veggies...so do unsalted nuts and salads with cranberries on them. The healthy stuff tastes just as good once you eat it daily. The biggest trap is..."oh one chocolate bar won't hurt". Yes...it will. Be strong.

Stop eating processed foods. No more Hillshire Farm sausages and sandwich meats from a bag. No more chips and cookies every half hour. Chicken and fish...chicken and fish...chicken and fish! If you are not cooking and preparing it yourself...it is probably not good for you.

You all have it in you to make better choices in life. Get up...move more...go buy some dumbells and do the core exercises. Curls...squats...situps...pushups (on knees if ya have to)...walk walk walk! At least 20 to 30 minutes a day. Expand from there as you lose weight and get stronger. 40 to 45 minutes. The time is there. Cut back on TV and internet and the bar stools. Sitting is your enemy!!!

Like the saying goes. Get busy living...or get busy dieing.

For the record. I have 2 more stents than Terry Soloman. 14 total from my heart down through my groin. 9 surgeries in 2014 alone. Blood clots from narrow veins and arteries due to a premature birth. Life is not roses for ANY of us. It is hard and kicks you in the butt with laziness and complacency and unhealthy advertising at every turn. It is much easier to be depressed and succumb to fear than it is to fight back. Don't let lifes BS win. Fight back and control your life. Be stronger than the weight pulling you down. (pun intended)

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Double post.

Last edited:

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason please read my OP. Seltzer water with natural flavors e.g. lemon/lime, orange, cherry etc......Joe McDonough

thanks PepperJ.....Joe

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sticking to a regimented plan is hard, I've had to do a NO: Dairy, Sugar, Coffee, most grains diet to dry the body up inside. As the Dr. said "your wet and moldy inside" or Candida.
I really try to live by the 90/10 plan. Eat well for the 90% of the time and have a fun 10% of the time. If hte body is healthy it tolerate the 10-15% of not so good foods without a problem.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/03/eating-bacon.aspx
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/...-processed-meats-youre-risking-your-life.aspx
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/02/candida-albicans.aspx

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Very proud of all of you! You can do anything you want with dedication and effort.

My wife used to fight MMA and we have always been in shape and taken our diet and health pretty seriously. I will say the hardest part is NOT losing weight....it is keeping it off in the long run and not falling into the trap of bad habits once you get to goal. Make new goals!!! Never stop and be happy with where you get. Always think about where else you can go.

Ice cream and candies and cheeseburgers are DELICIOUS!!! However, knowing you have a better chance of making it to see your grandkids is even tastier. Fruit tastes good...so does garlic veggies...so do unsalted nuts and salads with cranberries on them. The healthy stuff tastes just as good once you eat it daily. The biggest trap is..."oh one chocolate bar won't hurt". Yes...it will. Be strong.

Stop eating processed foods. No more Hillshire Farm sausages and sandwich meats from a bag. No more chips and cookies every half hour. Chicken and fish...chicken and fish...chicken and fish! If you are not cooking and preparing it yourself...it is probably not good for you.

You all have it in you to make better choices in life. Get up...move more...go buy some dumbells and do the core exercises. Curls...squats...situps...pushups (on knees if ya have to)...walk walk walk! At least 20 to 30 minutes a day. Expand from there as you lose weight and get stronger. 40 to 45 minutes. The time is there. Cut back on TV and internet and the bar stools. Sitting is your enemy!!!

Like the saying goes. Get busy living...or get busy dieing.

For the record. I have 2 more stents than Terry Soloman. 14 total from my heart down through my groin. 9 surgeries in 2014 alone. Blood clots from narrow veins and arteries due to a premature birth. Life is not roses for ANY of us. It is hard and kicks you in the butt with laziness and complacency and unhealthy advertising at every turn. It is much easier to be depressed and succumb to fear than it is to fight back. Don't let lifes BS win. Fight back and control your life. Be stronger than the weight pulling you down. (pun intended)

Not trying to start something, but in my opinion, if you really believe cheeseburgers(without the bun) are bad for you, then you bought into the lie. We have been lied to about our food. I don't want to go too much into it though.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheesburgers are made with non-lean hamburger that is upwards of 30 percent fat. I'm talking about fast food types if that needs clarification. Some of them are 800 calories alone. Last time I checked nobody who is starting a journey like this thread indicates....is taking buns off their burgers and using lean meat cooked at home. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do Eskimos have the lowest heart disease rates in the world with a diet of 80% fat?

Fat is not the killer. It is the sugar and simple carbs that convert easily to sugar.

Everything that has been taught about low fat diets is wrong I am convinced after seeing the studies that have come out.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheesburgers are made with non-lean hamburger that is upwards of 30 percent fat. I'm talking about fast food types if that needs clarification. Some of them are 800 calories alone. Last time I checked nobody who is starting a journey like this thread indicates....is taking buns off their burgers and using lean meat cooked at home. :icon_thumleft:

I do. bacon cheeseburgers w/o the buns. Make them at home and eat them from restaurants too. the fat content of ground hamburger is almost meaningless because the fat melts away when cooked.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biggest killer in the US is heart disease. Fatty cholesterol filled foods cause that.

Canadian doctors already busted the Eskimo myth long time ago. That was nonsense created in a 1970s study by a European group.

It's a pretty ridiculous idea to think fatty cholesterol active foods are good for you.

Chicken and fish daily....lean red meat in moderation. Pretty simple stuff. Atkins diet is great for losing weight. Also great for hard arteries.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well seems like you (and others) have it all figured out then Jason. I'll bow out since I'm not taking part in this journey of shedding pounds anyways. Was trying to be positive...not get nit picked by people who are obviously masters of their health and diet. Carry on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions