Fat Arses Report here! Anybody want to do a biggest loser competition?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys should all be commended for having the spirt and determination to do what it takes to live life to the fullest !!! Congratulations and I hope every one feels better for there effort. Fish rice and vegetables in smaller portions, 3 times a day. Kept me at a lean fighting weight all my life. Some local fruits too. Thank you lord for not letting me stray from good eating habits. High metabolism and DNA make up are important. Keep up the good fight guys !!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys should all be commended for having the spirt and determination to do what it takes to live life to the fullest !!! Congratulations and I hope every one feels better for there effort. Fish rice and vegetables in smaller portions, 3 times a day. Kept me at a lean fighting weight all my life. Some local fruits too. Thank you lord for not letting me stray from good eating habits. High metabolism and DNA make up are important. Keep up the good fight guys !!

I would love to eat a diet like that all the time, but being in Oklahoma we don't have access to fresh fish, and I truly love seafood.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
This is my story by request. In particular, I hope TheHunterGT reads this.

My story part one:

I have been struggling with weight loss all my life. In high school, I was 210 lbs. No, I wasn't a weight lifter or on the football team. I was fat from eating whatever I wanted.

In my early 20s, I went to 220 lbs range. I was working two jobs, had a few full time girlfriends, and was going to college. At the time, I was drinking heavily and eating fast food.

By the time I reached 28, I ballooned to 248 lbs. The heaviest I have ever been. I continued living how I wanted eating tons of fast food and drinking beer. I was working in a warehouse one day and as I was crossing the scaffolding, I felt really weak. So weak and sick it scared me because I never felt like that before. I went to the doctors and that is when I found out I had Thyroid disease and went on medicine.

During the following year, I worked out and stayed dedicated. I dropped all the way to 190 lbs and felt great. I was at the lowest weight in my adult life...but it didn't last.

Due to a bad break-up I fell into a depression. Slowly I gained the weight back and was at 241 lbs when I lost my new call center job in 2007. That was the time of the recession so I could not find work anywhere so, I started a workout routine. With little money for food(I had 50 dollars a month left over I used that for food) and lots of time to workout, I lost a lot of weight and was holding at 210 lbs.

Finally in mid 2008, I found work, but that also meant I was able to buy fast food again. I watched as I easily gained all my weight back month by month. I was back to 245 lbs and I was more disgusted with myself than ever. I just felt like quitting life altogether and just do nothing.

End of part one.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Another trick which might help some of you. Rather than buy tortilla chips which are loaded with salt and fat just buy the soft tortilla wraps and cut them in triangles. Toss them in a bit of olive oil and seasonings of your choice and bake them on a cookie sheet in the oven.
Way less fat, oil and calories than the prepared ones and cheaper also.

Regards + HH

Bill

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just saw this thread. It reminded me of the New Years resolution I made...

I'm going to bring donuts and treats to work every day and get the people around me to gain 15 pounds so I'll look skinnier.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I always say to myself when a see somebody super fat.. "I like having them around since they make me look skinny" hahaha

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks, Here is another video with some really good info on Keto Diets. I Like how she right from the start says there is more than one way to eat healthy but explains myths with Keto eating. I still am not doing a Keto but continuing my research. Please watch if you want to potentially learn something.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday morning check-in.

Start was 213
week 1 was 209
week 2 was 209
today was 206 for a total of 7 pounds down. On another positive note, I managed to keep to my diet without breaking it all week!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
1/22/2018 229 lbs Down -6 total pounds. I got a long way to go!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
My story part two:

It was 2008 and America was just stumbling out of the recession. I was working, depressed, and eating my way to an early grave. I went to the doctors for my check up, my cholesterol was in the 260's. I couldn't understand it. I stayed away from butter, eggs, fatty cuts of meat and other fatty, high cholesterol rich foods. Instead I ate french fries, pizza, noodles, and lots of bread.

By 2009, I have switched jobs again and working in a truck yard doing security. It was a pretty active job but I was making barely above minimum. My shift was pretty sweet as i was I was out by 3pm with 10 hour days. I was stabilized at around 240 lbs and decided to get in a workout before I went to bed every night.

By 2012, I got a better job with a 20% increase in pay. My weight dropped to 232 lbs. I was pretty happy. When I was younger, I was a real azz to people especially my girlfriends. I decided that I was going to look them up and send each a heart felt apology. Some didn't respond while others just said "thanks". One however, was interested in starting up a relationship again. This was the first time in a long time I actually felt things were falling into place. I was wrong.

Now being 2014. I got in a comfort zone where I didn't want to work out and I gained all my weight back coming in at 242 lbs. My new,(old) girlfriend who was a sneak, broke it off with me after two years saying...wait for it..."we are just two different people". She went with someone else a few months later.

So here I was back in the vicious, ugly, cycle again. Depressed, getting fat, and ready to give up. Again.

End of part two.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Original weigh in 335.0
2nd 325.2
3rd 319.8
4th 315.0

Down a total of 20.0 lbs
Keep it up folks!!

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Start - 279lbs.
Today 1/22/18 - 278lbs.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My story part two:

So here I was back in the vicious, ugly, cycle again. Depressed, getting fat, and ready to give up. Again.

End of part two.

Hang in there brother, that is a scary last paragraph.
You can do it!!

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I don't know your physical condition but I think this might help you a little. When you are by yourself, put on some music and DANCE. Get your body moving and get your blood moving. Can't hurt my friend!.....Joe McDonough

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dropped 13k since may 2017, I just cut out the sugar, alcohol, and fat contents of food, walking three times a week for at least 30 minutes.

SS

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed, when I cut out sugar a couple years ago my blood pressure plummeted, triglycerides plummeted as well as bad cloresteral.. for years I thought it was fat in the diet. No way was it that. Sugar is bad stuff..

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed, when I cut out sugar a couple years ago my blood pressure plummeted, triglycerides plummeted as well as bad cloresteral.. for years I thought it was fat in the diet. No way was it that. Sugar is bad stuff..
Yes my cholesterol was high to, now on meds for the rest of life, hoping to come of the cholesterol meds though, but I think I will have to stay on the blood pressure tablets.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread