Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, TreasureNet can not be used to solicit funds.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why does TN not just delete scammers when they appear? Its painfully obvious in most cases yet we all seem to dance around them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does TN not just delete scammers when they appear? Its painfully obvious in most cases yet we all seem to dance around them.

Because member has not violated any rules.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FYI, TreasureNet can not be used to solicit funds.

But beyond that, I still don't understand why these scammers are tolerated. I've seen several posts that don't violate a rule be removed. This isn't a court of law, its a private site where the owner can do as he pleases.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Because there is absolutely No Proof he is a Scammer, & suggesting he is one is more a
violation of rules. he did Not ask anyone here to Finance him.
Read Carefully.
He asked for Info. This is a Forum.

The Proper answer to him in my opinion is something like

Welcome to TreasureNet Shane :coffee2:
friends, family or maybe fundraising websites.
or maybe even addicted Gamblers :dontknow: Ever spend time in LasVegas ?
otherwise talk to a financial advisor and try like the big guys Like Fisher does.

Your going to need a complete prospectus though, for most backers.

As you can see there is allot of Paranoia on the Websites, & the reason we have this Rule.

You may not... use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.
TreasureNet - Rules

You are certainly welcome Here to discuss your Plans, & ask for opinions :coffee2:

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff, no disrespect intended, but we all know these guys that come on here and with a first post are angling for something they shouldn't be doing. We can play jailhouse lawyer all day long, but I really think that the mods I have seen here have the brains to know what is going on. The beauty is that since its a privately owned site, the mods don't HAVE to play jailhouse lawyer.

And yes, I know that since its privately owned, TN may tolerate the scammers to whatever level they choose. Just want to vent my opinion that we don't need to tolerate the drive-by crooks. Allowing them to continue may cause a more trusting reader than you and I to be financially harmed.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
"Because there is absolutely No Proof he is a Scammer, & suggesting he is one is more a
violation of rules. he did Not ask anyone here to Finance him.
Read Carefully. He asked for Info. This is a Forum."

I went back and reread the post, Jeff is correct. It is carefully worded to skirt the rules whether purposely or not...clever.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's very Simple CF We are a Discussion forum.

Anything Treasure related Especially can be Discussed here.

I get what your saying, however we are not your mother or the Fed.
If someone decides to have a "discussion" for the Purposes of learning how to find financial backers,
it is Not our place to worry about some Moron, Child who steals his Parents Bank account,
Or Gambler from contacting the Person on the Side.

There are Plenty of Warnings in the Rules about the Internet.
not to mention anyone who uses said internet should realize we are not
here to spy on every persons mind.

Read the [SIZE=+1]DISCLAIMER

and even
[/SIZE]A WARNING ABOUT ONLINE FORUM CLASSIFIEDS

Here

Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try standing on the street corner next to McDonalds with a cardboard sign. You never know who might throw you a bone.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... It is carefully worded to skirt the rules whether purposely or not...clever.

Champ & 1320: It's true he didn't ask for funds. He was only asking where-to-go to find funds. So technically no violation, as said. But I can see how some T'net readers might PM the fellow off-line seeking to invest. Which is what the poster might be counting on.

While that seems super crazy that anyone here would do that, yet .... think of it: Our forum pages *do* have persons who believe in some quite unconventional things. And *do* believe in some stories that are simply legend and lore. So it *does* seem to go hand-in-hand with TH'r mentality to go out on limbs with hopes, etc... So to fish among md'ing forum ranks, as odd as it sounds to skeptical types: Might catch-a-fish via the PM system.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Champ & 1320: It's true he didn't ask for funds. He was only asking where-to-go to find funds. So technically no violation, as said. But I can see how some T'net readers might PM the fellow off-line seeking to invest. Which is what the poster might be counting on.

While that seems super crazy that anyone here would do that, yet .... think of it: Our forum pages *do* have persons who believe in some quite unconventional things. And *do* believe in some stories that are simply legend and lore. So it *does* seem to go hand-in-hand with TH'r mentality to go out on limbs with hopes, etc... So to fish among md'ing forum ranks, as odd as it sounds to skeptical types: Might catch-a-fish via the PM system.

Yes But , As I said we are not anyone's Guardian.

just like We do worn that only Charter Members can sell Here.
but We are not going to set things up so we can Moderate PM's & Emails.
If someone decides to Go behind our Backs, well, Their adults ,
or a least be willing to Fight their own battles if things go Sour because they went out on their own.

there is also a rule about Defamation here, that perhaps should be observed more.
and not tolerated.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....................And again OP has broken no rules so are members asking us to ban members who we think might violate the rules in the future, if so a lot of members would be banned based on past warnings and timeouts.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking to find information on where or how to find financial backers for unearthing treasure. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Looking to get around $15,000 max for various pieces of equipment and rations.

Welcome! Send me a check and I'll tell you what you need to know! :skullflag:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just another SHIP (single hit inquiry poster) There's hundreds every year it seems. Maybe they should be called Time Robbers, as they steal all our hard earned time reading the posts.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just another SHIP (single hit inquiry poster) There's hundreds every year it seems. Maybe they should be called Time Robbers, as they steal all our hard earned time reading the posts.

No !

it's more like another Member who was driven away By rude & off subject Comments :(

Gives us another list of Members who perhaps Should get Timeouts
for driving newbies away

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No !

it's more like another Member who was driven away By rude & off subject Comments :(

Gives us another list of Members who perhaps Should get Timeouts
for driving newbies away

Seriously Jeff

They post and never come back, its just an observation directed at the ones that do, and how would they be driven away if they never sign in again?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously Jeff

They post and never come back, its just an observation directed at the ones that do, and how would they be driven away if they never sign in again?

And look at the post Directly under each of those Members first post .

Odds are it's a Sarcastic, rude, or just plain Accusation post.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You accept Bitcoin?

And look at the post Directly under each of those Members first post .

Odds are it's a Sarcastic, rude, or just plain Accusation post.

Bit coin is at $14,204.00 today, that's a legitimate offer, not rude, or sarcastic

But maybe I'm looking at that wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread