Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some of you may remember my recent finds of the reale and two seated liberty half dimes. Well... they’re gone. A few weeks ago I was at an exercise class and left my gym bag and coat on a bench in plain view. The coat was nothing special except it was special to me because it belonged to my mom who passed away a few years ago and it was dang warm coat. I had put the reale and seated coins in a plastic sleeve to show to a friend of mine who seemed interested and slipped them into the pocket of the coat so I could put them up when I got home. As I was leaving to go to the locker room I just totally forgot my coat until the next day. So not only did the theif get my mom’s coat they got treasures that were special to me but that can’t take away my memory of finding them.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-two-olddd-silver-half-dimes-after-reale.html

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really sad. I hope the thief lost the coins in the ground somewhere so someone can find them again...

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. That's a cruddy way to end the year! What a rollercoaster ride. Are you on FB? If you are, maybe you could get on exercise class' FB and tell your story. You might at least get the coat returned. So sorry this happened.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Wrightdigger. Actually where I left the coat was not in an area where the YMCA has surveillance cameras set up but the property manger looked in several other spots where it might have been seen. It disgusts me because there are so many places where people in true need can get warm clothes but then someone comes in and steals mine ticks me off. I’m the kind of person that keeps up with my things so to have lost it makes me sick. They steal bathing suits too and nothing else you can think of. Thank you for your kind words. My husband said just think of the person that lost those coins so long ago and how he/she must have felt because of their monetary value. I’m going back when the weather gets a bit warmer.

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do you think it was a homeless person or just a plane thief ? ether way i would check out the pawn shops asap.even a homeless person knows they can hock old money. or anybody else. I mean these guys need money they can spend right, and thats the fastest way to exchange it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There’s no way to know if it was a homeless person or not. The coins were holed so that they could be safer so not worth much as far as silver goes.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for your loss CoilyGirl. It reminds me of the time I took my finds with me when I traveled 3 hours to visit relatives. When I returned home I could not find my silver engraved spoon that I dug a few weeks earlier. I must have dropped it on the street when I was showing one of my relatives. It was engraved with the words Enid Arkansas. I sure miss it not being in my current display. Oh well. no sense in being bitter with the past. The future lies ahead and hopefully we both learned a lesson and will not repeat our simple mistakes.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not nice. There is so little crime here in Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania, that I forget when I was living in NYC, it was necessary to keep an eye on your shadow or someone might steal it.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not nice but I believe something great is coming your way.

Here is to a great 2018

DEDA88E0-6101-4D2F-B4A2-C17F76ABC3A9.jpeg
CABCCC5E-1B84-4423-9C2D-F8ADA5DC1672.gif

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's too bad, sorry to hear. This sort of thing happens way too often.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very sorry to hear! People now-a-days just don't respect other peoples property...Sad!

I feel 2018 will be a great year for you...GL & HH. :icon_thumleft:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really sorry to hear that. I had somebody try to rob me while walking down a city street. I had my best 2 reale cob in my pocket. They were not successful as I turned on them and must have looked like a whack job. It's always something these days.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about your misfortune on the loss. Both the coat and the finds were special and it would peeve me to no end knowing some perp. is walking around feeling warm and snuggly. I'd still check out the shops for the coins, they'd try to sell them instead of melt being what they are. I know I'd try if they had come across the threshold of the shop, they may have been bought for the worth in melt, but dimes to dollars they'll be a resale.
Things of a way of working out for the good folks in life, so may your 2018 digging season bring you something very nice, all the best.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, this just sucks. I rarely carry my finds with me due to the fact I am a self confessed cluttering pack rat hoarder and disorganized slob! LOL! My car aka Command Vehicle is so filled with stuff it's ALL I can do to get my finds into my home before loosing them in my car! As others have stated perhaps it's worth a shot at the local pawn shops or resale joints where the jacket and coins may have been sold for another fix. Like others have also stated may this be some type of sign of things to come on a better and brighter note. Hope you can forgive this lowly perp and not allow them the privilege of stealing your peace of mind and joy for living. Peace.:hello:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is sad. I'm sure you already thought to ask everyone at the class, if they happened to pick your coat up and saved it just in case ? I use to coach ball teams, and someone was always forgetting something. I would pick it up, keep it in my car, and would hear about it being left a week or two later. All I had to do was go to my trunk and get it out. Sure hope you have the chance to get it back.

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a shame. I believe you said they don’t have security cameras where you were at. If there are other businesses in front of the place or besides it maybe they might have cameras that show the street view. They might have video of people coming in and out. Hope it helps. Take care!!

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. I believe you said there were no cameras where you were at. If there are any businesses across the street or beside the building they might have cameras with a street view and possibly you can see who walked out with your coat. Good luck and take care.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry Nancy, that sucks.
I missed your op, thanks for the link.
Wow, those were great finds....
I gave you a like, albeit a little late.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Check to see if they have a video cam. May see who took it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions