Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that numerous members are posting their best finds of 2017. I'm really enjoying looking at all the good fortune that so many members have had.
I'm wondering if our newer members or new to the hobby members are aware of some of the ways that some of us try to stay organised.

I checked our Vendor's Forum, but did not see a vendor listed for coin supplies. If this violates TNET rules, then I ask the moderators to delete this post.
For keeping track of what, when, & where a silver coin or IHP, LC, or significant coin find is made, I always put the find in a coin folder. I put the date, location of recovery, and identity of find on the coin folder and than slip it into a plastic coin folder looseleaf page.
The vendor I deal with is: Coin Collecting Supplies | Coin Collecting Accessories
They offer free shipping on orders that meet their minimum order requirement for free shipping.
For organizing other small finds, I use a small metal cabinet of drawers. For gold or silver jewelry that will be sold as scrap / melt value, there is always the empty coffee tub. For gold or silver pieces that I decide to keep, I use a jewelry box.
There are numerous ways to organize and / or display your finds. Anyone who wants to post a picture of a shadow box or display case, feel free to do so.

Attachments

• 20171230_151408.jpg
    20171230_151408.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 20171230_151313.jpg
    20171230_151313.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 66
  • 20171230_143159.jpg
    20171230_143159.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
  • 20171230_163336.jpg
    20171230_163336.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great post up, and being so sickly organized as well. I really feel bad about my drawers,boxes, trays, bins, bags, barrels of finds that begging to be organized.:laughing7: (Just kidding about the feeling really bad)

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm always blown away but what you guys on the east coast can find. It's amazing the history and finds that are still being made there. Makes me jealous!
I wish we had the history and beaches you guys have here in Colorado! Shangri La!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put all my decent coin finds in cardboard flips with the date and location of find noted on them. I store them in plastic sheets in a loose leaf binder. Pre-1940 wheaties get the flip treatment, while 1940's and 50's wheaties go into Whitman coin tubes for safe keeping.

For the relics, I use Riker display boxes and jewelry compartment trays that I buy on eBay. I store them in an old bureau in my spare room. Horseshoes, license plates, ax heads, etc. go on my walls. The rest of the stuff goes in old 5,000 count baseball card boxes left over from my card collecting days.

Here's a few pics:

DSC07797.JPG DSC07795.JPG DSC07798.JPG DSC07799.JPG DSC07800.JPG DSC07801.JPG DSC07802.JPG

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post up, and being so sickly organized as well. I really feel bad about my drawers,boxes, trays, bins, bags, barrels of finds that begging to be organized.:laughing7: (Just kidding about the feeling really bad)

I fear my PM to our good friend ATW may have prompted this thread. My confession of how disorganized and undisciplined I keep my recoveries must have led up to this. Well, I guess I serve as a good example of how NOT to organize recoveries. Thankfully I know I am not alone in my OCD world of heaps and mounds of stuff surrounding me with not a flat and level surface left uncluttered located in our homes.:tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I fear my PM to our good friend ATW may have prompted this thread. My confession of how disorganized and undisciplined I keep my recoveries must have led up to this. Well, I guess I serve as a good example of how NOT to organize recoveries. Thankfully I know I am not alone in my OCD world of heaps and mounds of stuff surrounding me with not a flat and level surface left uncluttered located in our homes.:tongue3:

Ah we're the in the same boat here with this disorganization of finds. Though I was rightly proud of myself as I cleaned up the shop (15') on one end between the 12' roll up door and the walk through door this fall, had a habit of dumping my iron finds there. I filled a 1 1/2 45 gallon drums with iron I dug up this past couple of seasons.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than post my pictures, for those interested, my article "Do you Display" ? appears in the November 2017 issue of Western and Eastern Treasure magazine. Its a very informative article on many ways to display your items, and coins. Quindy Robertson also has a very nice article on displaying your items, in this same issue. Like ATW, I am big on displaying my items for all friends and family to enjoy. Ron

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of the detecting Ive done here was at old cabin ruins I've found in the woods. The big strike for me is when I can find their trash piles and try to date the place by the cans. I really like finding the old soldered embossed cans from back in the day and the mystery comes together.
My best find so far was a Dr prices cream baking soda can under a log wall with some of the paper still on it. That was exciting.
I tried detecting along some Gunnison river raft landings and pull outs and scored a big $.39 but all clad, probably from that summer. That's the extent of my "beach" treasures hehe.
My f2 seems to work fine for what I do but if I was in your neck of the woods I'd upgrade to a mean coin finding machine.

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the detecting Ive done here was at old cabin ruins I've found in the woods. The big strike for me is when I can find their trash piles and try to date the place by the cans. I really like finding the old soldered embossed cans from back in the day and the mystery comes together.
My best find so far was a Dr prices cream baking soda can under a log wall with some of the paper still on it. That was exciting.
I tried detecting along some Gunnison river raft landings and pull outs and scored a big $.39 but all clad, probably from that summer. That's the extent of my "beach" treasures hehe.
My f2 seems to work fine for what I do but if I was in your neck of the woods I'd upgrade to a mean coin finding machine.

Thank you Johnnybravo. I relocated in July, 2017, from NYC to Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania. My finds fell off dramatically. Populations and history has more to do with it than machine. If your machine can detect a coin that is 8 inches deep, then you probably would have recovered most of the coins I found in 2017. You just have to get your coil over it.

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sadly my displays all say ziplock on them. then in a shoe box...somewhere...

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always blown away but what you guys on the east coast can find. It's amazing the history and finds that are still being made there. Makes me jealous!
I wish we had the history and beaches you guys have here in Colorado! Shangri La!

Ditto for Oregon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread