Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this shot was sent out to be enlarged,and placed on wraparound canvas. 003.JPG

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
sure is a pretty car what's the Hp

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it came back looking all humpbacked and crooked >>> 003.JPG
The car is distorted,cartoonist looking. Its too tall & too short.Anyone know what happened ?

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure is a pretty car what's the Hp

High performance Ford 5.0 302 tricked out with a lot of GT-40 parts.Putting out 345 HP.On a 2,000 pound car.:)

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
pretty sweet my grand pa owns a 2004 Chevy corvette it was a track car with a Hp of 420

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If they can't get it right, Don't pay them. THEY are the experts. That's what they're paid for.
BTW.... I have a "poor man's cobra" a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger. Original Ford 260 V8 and 4 spd trans.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha!, that's not even Walmart quality. I don't who you used but they weren't the experts. I don't know if you got this job done over the internet, but you should take it take a place you walk in to and deal face to face with a person. I think Walgreens does that and I believe Walmart does too, actually. Just a suggestion to look into.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need a custom size they tried to “cram” the image in a smaller dimension and squad the image during the process.
Go here

https://www.easycanvasprints.com

Super cheap. Also Costco makes nice canvas prints as well as Metal Prints

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It Was a Christmas gift .I didn't send it out to have done.If I sent it out IT would of been done correctly.Like this 2ft X 3ft I had done 020.JPG

Last edited:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The aspect ratio of your image was not proportional to the aspect ratio of the canvas, so like waterscoop said they squished your image down to fit on the canvas.

.... because if they scaled it down to fit, it would have left blank space on the canvas. So yes, you either need to find a canvas that matches the image aspect ratio or do some cropping and scaling yourself to get it to match whatever canvas size is available or preferred for your final product.

The aspect ratio of an image describes the proportional relationship between its width and its height. It is commonly expressed as two numbers separated by a colon, as in 16:9. For an x:y aspect ratio, no matter how big or small the image is, if the width is divided into x units of equal length and the height is measured using this same length unit, the height will be measured to be y units.

In, for example, a group of images that all have an aspect ratio of 16:9, one image might be 16 inches wide and 9 inches high, another 16 centimeters wide and 9 centimeters high, and a third might be 8 yards wide and 4.5 yards high. Thus, aspect ratio concerns the relationship of the width to the height, not an image's actual size.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a fine looking ride, RTR! Yeah, I don't know what they did, but you should go elsewhere.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The aspect ratio of your image was not proportional to the aspect ratio of the canvas, so like waterscoop said they squished your image down to fit on the canvas.

.... because if they scaled it down to fit, it would have left blank space on the canvas. So yes, you either need to find a canvas that matches the image aspect ratio or do some cropping and scaling yourself to get it to match whatever canvas size is available or preferred for your final product.

The aspect ratio of an image describes the proportional relationship between its width and its height. It is commonly expressed as two numbers separated by a colon, as in 16:9. For an x:y aspect ratio, no matter how big or small the image is, if the width is divided into x units of equal length and the height is measured using this same length unit, the height will be measured to be y units.

In, for example, a group of images that all have an aspect ratio of 16:9, one image might be 16 inches wide and 9 inches high, another 16 centimeters wide and 9 centimeters high, and a third might be 8 yards wide and 4.5 yards high. Thus, aspect ratio concerns the relationship of the width to the height, not an image's actual size.

Thanks, I've never seen this result before.Just trying to understand how it happened ,for the future......thanks:)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ride. My late father owned an original Shelby Cobra 289 in which he nearly killed himself while disintegrating the car. Quite a bit of reconstructive surgery went into putting his face back together back in the day. Do be careful with that Hot Motor Scooter.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ride. My late father owned an original Shelby Cobra 289 in which he nearly killed himself while disintegrating the car. Quite a bit of reconstructive surgery went into putting his face back together back in the day. Do be careful with that Hot Motor Scooter.:icon_thumright:

As the guys that own them say...Quote, They stink.Their loud. And very 5 seconds they want to kill you Unquote.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....And now....for a little 'Fun' :) >

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stretched canvas?

Interesting thought.But what ever it was.Its plain to see they don't put "eyes-on" their product,before they ship it.I'll find out who the company was,somehow.Just don't want to tell the 'gift giver' their gift is ... garbage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread