Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree255Likes

Thread: NO texting.....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    4233 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

NO texting.....

Texting is NEVER so important that it should interrupt a family dinner. A family sitting to share a meal.... now THERE'S a novel idea! ╦╦«
    And behold a pale horse. And he who sat on him was named death. And all hades followed. Rev. 6/8

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    15947 times
    Relic Hunting
    Been at some noisy places to eat and the only way to hear each other would be by texting, hate eating out for that reason. Eating together seems to be a lost/forgotten event in the 21st century for many families.
    chub, TerryC, Limitool and 4 others like this.

us
    Rudy

Nov 2017
    LaPorte, Texas
    Bounty Hunter
    604 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The reason I wish people would not text and drive is because it causes accidents. I lost my mother and uncle 2 years ago to a kid texting and driving. Wasn’t paying attention and lost control.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    698 times
    So grateful to be born in 73....that I can remember a time when the world was 'normal'. Everyone is brainwashed into feeling naked if they leave the house without a cell phone....had kids in the early 2000's and really thought weekends would be about hiking, biking, etc Turns out we were the guinea pig generation for raising kids in tech hell. I don't want to sound like an old fart....but in my day.... if you got a BMX you might trick it up with handgrips or peddles....if you got a rifle you might trick it up with a scope....then enjoy them.
    Not with tech.... its just a ball breaking journey of ever increasing consumerism.... bought the kids an xbox1 a while ago....not even plug and play. Needs an update upon plugging in, even more strain on the wifi.... appears nothing is ever enough...
    I love my kids dearly and dont want to be old fashioned or out of touch but this whole cell phone staring /screen zombie society / generation(s) can be sickening at times.
    Sure I love GPS and treasure net but texting while eating, driving or sitting on the toilet is the dizzy limit.

Chub
    Truth1253, T.C., TerryC and 8 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    Fisher F75 LTD AT MAX
    7862 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    So grateful to be born in 73....that I can remember a time when the world was 'normal'. Everyone is brainwashed into feeling naked if they leave the house without a cell phone....had kids in the early 2000's and really thought weekends would be about hiking, biking, etc Turns out we were the guinea pig generation for raising kids in tech hell. I don't want to sound like an old fart....but in my day.... if you got a BMX you might trick it up with handgrips or peddles....if you got a rifle you might trick it up with a scope....then enjoy them.
    Not with tech.... its just a ball breaking journey of ever increasing consumerism.... bought the kids an xbox1 a while ago....not even plug and play. Needs an update upon plugging in, even more strain on the wifi.... appears nothing is ever enough...
    I love my kids dearly and dont want to be old fashioned or out of touch but this whole cell phone staring /screen zombie society / generation(s) can be sickening at times.
    Sure I love GPS and treasure net but texting while eating, driving or sitting on the toilet is the dizzy limit.

Chub
    Tuff neck, v-bars, alloy sprocket, colored tires, alloy seat post, alloy petals. Ahhh those were the days.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    15294 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yep there's a time and place for everything.
    Getting so that if you have an auto accident, in some states, they are allowed to look at your phone to see if you were texting and driving. (New Jersey).
    There was a time when drinking and driving was what police were concerned with at an accident scene.
    TerryC and diggummup like this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    5521 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I do not have one of those. I have people at work who ask me if they can go back home, as they forgot their cell phone. I don't allow them to, as we have a phone here at work and if it's an emergency they can call you at the work number. If they need to make an emergency call, they can use the phone here at work. And if I catch you using a cell during work hours, automatic write up.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030
    3601 times
    When we go out to eat with friends we have a pact. Anyone caught even glancing at their phone, pays the Bill. It is very effective and we frequently split the checks accordingly
    TerryC, chub, Loco-Digger and 5 others like this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Apr 2008
    Central Illinois
    Fisher CZ-3D
    590 times
    62 yrs. old and never had a cell phone in my life. My landline suits me fine. My wife and kids have them, and been trying to get me to get one. I tell them no thanks.
    TerryC, chub, Loco-Digger and 4 others like this.

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    6139 times
    The Truth
    Thats the whole idea,to turn everybody into tech zombies,who care about nothing else except the screen that they stare into.Divide,conquer,control.Think things changed with the new boss in town,think again.
    TerryC, chub, Kurios1 and 1 others like this.
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.Ē

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
    becomes a revolutionary act. -- George

us
    Rudy

Nov 2017
    LaPorte, Texas
    Bounty Hunter
    604 times
    Well I don’t think phones, computers, wi-if etc. are a bad things. There are some good things about them as long as you use them in moderation. I don’t own a computer so I every time I get on this site I use my phone. Because with out those things none of us would be communicating on this site. Just food for thought.
    TerryC and sprailroad like this.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    698 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    Tuff neck, v-bars, alloy sprocket, colored tires, alloy seat post, alloy petals. Ahhh those were the days.
    Good one. Always wanted 'tuffs' those 5 spoke plastic wheels (in yellow )....They were the business back in 83' 84' The BMX was $89....tuffs $100. Didnt happen.

Chub
    TerryC and dirtdigginfool like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    5972 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post

Chub
    I'm glad for ya that you agree this damn "screen staring" thing is out of control. But you ought to be "us"... I graduated in 73' and kids today don't know how to head out to the woods and PLAY and interact with each other any more. I belittle on purpose my grandkids when their here for just staring at a screen while here... it's sickening.
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    15611 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have a smart phone (from work). I mainly use it for phone calls and emails. I do have a few group texts with other MD friends which helps us stay in touch. I refuse to set up a facebook account on the phone or do much of anything else except for getting directions or to turn on the police scanner App when I hear sirens going off locally.. If I want to do anything on the internet I rather be in front of my computer at home.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    15611 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Back in the 70's the closest thing to a cell phone was a CB radio "Breaker-Breaker".
    relic nut, pepperj, TerryC and 4 others like this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links