NO texting.....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been at some noisy places to eat and the only way to hear each other would be by texting, hate eating out for that reason. Eating together seems to be a lost/forgotten event in the 21st century for many families.

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I wish people would not text and drive is because it causes accidents. I lost my mother and uncle 2 years ago to a kid texting and driving. Wasn’t paying attention and lost control.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So grateful to be born in 73....that I can remember a time when the world was 'normal'. Everyone is brainwashed into feeling naked if they leave the house without a cell phone....had kids in the early 2000's and really thought weekends would be about hiking, biking, etc Turns out we were the guinea pig generation for raising kids in tech hell. I don't want to sound like an old fart....but in my day.... if you got a BMX you might trick it up with handgrips or peddles....if you got a rifle you might trick it up with a scope....then enjoy them.
Not with tech.... its just a ball breaking journey of ever increasing consumerism.... bought the kids an xbox1 a while ago....not even plug and play. Needs an update upon plugging in, even more strain on the wifi.... appears nothing is ever enough...
I love my kids dearly and dont want to be old fashioned or out of touch but this whole cell phone staring /screen zombie society / generation(s) can be sickening at times.
Sure I love GPS and treasure net but texting while eating, driving or sitting on the toilet is the dizzy limit.

Chub

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So grateful to be born in 73....that I can remember a time when the world was 'normal'. Everyone is brainwashed into feeling naked if they leave the house without a cell phone....had kids in the early 2000's and really thought weekends would be about hiking, biking, etc Turns out we were the guinea pig generation for raising kids in tech hell. I don't want to sound like an old fart....but in my day.... if you got a BMX you might trick it up with handgrips or peddles....if you got a rifle you might trick it up with a scope....then enjoy them.
Not with tech.... its just a ball breaking journey of ever increasing consumerism.... bought the kids an xbox1 a while ago....not even plug and play. Needs an update upon plugging in, even more strain on the wifi.... appears nothing is ever enough...
I love my kids dearly and dont want to be old fashioned or out of touch but this whole cell phone staring /screen zombie society / generation(s) can be sickening at times.
Sure I love GPS and treasure net but texting while eating, driving or sitting on the toilet is the dizzy limit.

Chub

Tuff neck, v-bars, alloy sprocket, colored tires, alloy seat post, alloy petals. Ahhh those were the days.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep there's a time and place for everything.
Getting so that if you have an auto accident, in some states, they are allowed to look at your phone to see if you were texting and driving. (New Jersey).
There was a time when drinking and driving was what police were concerned with at an accident scene.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not have one of those. I have people at work who ask me if they can go back home, as they forgot their cell phone. I don't allow them to, as we have a phone here at work and if it's an emergency they can call you at the work number. If they need to make an emergency call, they can use the phone here at work. And if I catch you using a cell during work hours, automatic write up.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we go out to eat with friends we have a pact. Anyone caught even glancing at their phone, pays the Bill. It is very effective and we frequently split the checks accordingly

mikefromIllinois

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2008
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-3D
62 yrs. old and never had a cell phone in my life. My landline suits me fine. My wife and kids have them, and been trying to get me to get one. I tell them no thanks.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats the whole idea,to turn everybody into tech zombies,who care about nothing else except the screen that they stare into.Divide,conquer,control.Think things changed with the new boss in town,think again.

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I don’t think phones, computers, wi-if etc. are a bad things. There are some good things about them as long as you use them in moderation. I don’t own a computer so I every time I get on this site I use my phone. Because with out those things none of us would be communicating on this site. Just food for thought.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuff neck, v-bars, alloy sprocket, colored tires, alloy seat post, alloy petals. Ahhh those were the days.

Good one. Always wanted 'tuffs' those 5 spoke plastic wheels (in yellow :laughing7:)....They were the business back in 83' 84' The BMX was $89....tuffs $100. Didnt happen.

Chub

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chub

I'm glad for ya that you agree this damn "screen staring" thing is out of control. But you ought to be "us"... I graduated in 73' and kids today don't know how to head out to the woods and PLAY and interact with each other any more. I belittle on purpose my grandkids when their here for just staring at a screen while here... it's sickening.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a smart phone (from work). I mainly use it for phone calls and emails. I do have a few group texts with other MD friends which helps us stay in touch. I refuse to set up a facebook account on the phone or do much of anything else except for getting directions or to turn on the police scanner App when I hear sirens going off locally.. If I want to do anything on the internet I rather be in front of my computer at home.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the 70's the closest thing to a cell phone was a CB radio "Breaker-Breaker".

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I like about our Mountain cabin. We have no phone or cell phone service, or internet. We do have electric and indoor plumbing and a 2meter radio that allows us to communicate with friends and neighbors in case of an emergency. Wife, I, and the three dogs spent four days there over the new years and it was very relaxing.
But here I set now staring at this dam phone.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back in the 70's the closest thing to a cell phone was a CB radio "Breaker-Breaker".

Then on a cool night there'd be a thing called "Skip" where a person all of a sudden be talking to somebody hundreds if not a thousand miles away. If I remember right my handle was "Bottle Digger" :laughing7:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i talked to A GUY IN CHILE ONCE that was a Loooong skip

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats the whole idea,to turn everybody into tech zombies,who care about nothing else except the screen that they stare into.Divide,conquer,control.Think things changed with the new boss in town,think again.

says the man staring into a screen as he posted that

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
says the man staring into a screen as he posted that
Yes,but i dont live here.At the moment i am alone.Thats a big difference than staring at your screen while in the company of others.Plus im on a laptop not on a phone.Nor do I blow ungodly amounts of money on a stupid phone,I paid 60 dollars for mine lol,not 600,not 800.Somebody who spends that amount on a phone,to me,is an idiot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions