Pssst! Wanna make an outrageous MD video for youtube?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like it's time someone went way, way over the top and put up the funniest Metal detecting video ever. I'm getting tired of funny kittens and funny chicken videos. Will be totally made up, but put together by an award winning professional team - free. And no, you don't get paid, an no we won't credit anybody, and of course you will be able to see it when it's done. I bent some arms for the assistance. Nothing nasty, nothing illegal, nothing off color please. Premise is: I'll start a story, you guys add something to it. Video will about 10 minutes or less, so we can't go TOO overboard, but think of what would be funny and add a line here. (Overboard: a 747 Dreamliner rises out of the hole our intrepid MD user digs). It has to be semi practical to film. This will be a lesson in smoke and mirrors and how videos can be made to look REAL, while being total carp. The goal is entertainment. There will be a disclaimer at the beginning telling the audience this is a work of fiction, just so the hard core won't waste their time watching it. Wait - I'm hard core!

Exterior Day: The two detectorists are on a farm field, where it has been rumored to be gold, silver, Civil War and even pirate treasure. No one has ever detected it. Oh, the suspense! So we start out telling the audience just that and start swinging.

The main character gets a signal, and gets excited, he digs down to find - a full can of soda. Clean, no less. Wow, who would have thought? So off they go, another signal is found, it's a...there are a lot of signals here.

Now your turn: Put something in there. Let's see what we have and I'll pull a story out of it, and it will take about 2-3 months to finish (ground has to thaw first).

Go for it.

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im thinking strange looking eggs that start hatching alien life forms when they are unearthed. but of coarse the egg would have to be made out of some futuristic metal.

Last edited:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking one of those competition style shows where they intro the contestants, their equipment etc and they compete while the narrator does a play by play style commentary. One contestant (perhaps the best) just uses dowsing rods or a dead squirrel. Maybe (s)hes blind and senile. They hunt the gutter while the rest of the competitors hit the beach. Guy1 runs and cuts around guy 2. Guy 2 points his detector at guy 1 and guy 1 falls to his knees and rips off his head phones in apparent agony. Announcer 1 " That was a low blow, he hit him right where it hurts- the ear hole" Announcer 2 " Yea those electromagnetic pulses really wreak havoc on the senses... they must be on the same frequency" Guy 1 from kneeling position points his detector at guy 2 and starts twisting knobs . Guy 2 is digging a target but has a similar reaction. Guy 1 comes up and starts covertly filling the hole back in as guy 2 continues to dig. Suddenly theres a penny. The two scramble for it and are wrestling around...
Meanwhile contestant 3 takes an unconventional approach. He is rubbing suntan lotion on an elderly woman. He unsnaps her necklace ... (don't worry he'll be disqualified) NEXT lol . I am in Smokey we'd have a good time with this.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need a third digger who's a dunce! His buddy glues a penny to the bottom of his coil and he spends the whole day digging ghost signals.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
How about one of them gets a sweet signal, and then realizes it's big. 2' wide x 3 foot long. Have them dig it up , and it turns out to be a treasure chest. They get it out of the hole, and just before they open it, Robert Clotworthy walks into the picture, and say's, "Could it be?" "Is it possible? "Or is it just another Treasure Chest full of pull tabs". Then Geraldo comes in and opens it. Empty. Ah, maybe 1 pulltab:laughing7: Then the two hunters can start wrestling around again.

Oh, just read your OT again. Maybe this won't fit that. Well it's all I got right now:laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sound's like fun! After finding the can of soda, they re-check the hole in the farm field and sure enough there is another signal in the hole. The guy gets down on his knees, puts the pinpointer in the hole, and gets SUCKED IN.. completely disappearing! :skullflag:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking uncovering a beautiful neckless made of pull-tabs. Treasure Gods know that we have all dug enough of them to create a suit of "chain mail"

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get enough responses, we can do this. I get a kick out of some of the stuff out there.....

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one more thought Smokey. On a ocean beach, small rusty sign tucked in tall sea grass?, sign reads "Caution, possible unexploded ordnance" Metal Detector guy in the distance whipping a coil back and forth, stops on a target, plants shovel, "EXPLOSION" nothing left out there but a hole. Kind of like one of the "Monty Python" things they did. And then a small group of fellow detectorist rush over and begin detecting in the same spot, until one of them holds up a penny or gold tooth?

Last edited:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps one of the detectorists has been digging holes all day and finding nothing only to realize he mistakenly wore his steel-toed boots that day.

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a guy or girl gets the best signal they've had all day next to a tree. When they start to dig they disturb a hornets nest and get attacked and have to call it a day. All they can think about is what's in the hole, they can't sleep keep dreaming about gold coins,silver,relics,rings, everything on a detectorists bucket list. Finally they make it back with a homemade beekeeper suit and start digging. When he finally sees his treasure in the hole his digging partner realized that it was his pinpointer he accidentally buried years earlier.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MORE outrageous, please.

PioneerPauly

Mar 28, 2010
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug II
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha I work in the film industry and an Actor and Stuntman and my head is just filling up with ideas.. Ill put something together in a bit and post! Thanks :D

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have a hunter get a signal and go nuts like the diggers do - running and summer saults - other hunter says to camera
"he must have a good one" - 1st guy runs by yelling "BEES!"

Guy gets a hit digs finds skeleton (you'll have to find a fake skeleton - maybe Halloween surplus) - clears the area - finds detector in skeletons hand (bury an old machine with it)
I have plenty if you need one -old machines that is

a friend of mine actually did this - was on a relic hunt and found an old tampon tube and asked the guy running the hunt "what period do you think this is from?"

have guy get a target - jump up running around "I got milk!...I got milk!" guy runs towards other partner and either runs into the camera and gets knocked out or
has a heart attack and hits the ground - partner walks over and opens his hand and says "Got milk...that's not a cow ..its a buffalo" starts to walk away -
shrugs and goes back and takes it on him

I'm a prankster - I can come up with a ton of ideas - a few yrs ago I was going to try and do a parody on diggers - just never found the time

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
instead of 2 nuts - should do a martin & lewis or abbot & Costello thing - one guy all the bad things happen to
if you did a series - can do a house hunt where guy gets a hit and thinks he has rifle barrel and its a water pipe - breaks it and gets soaked
later hits a power line and fake gets zapped ( yells to other guy "I got a root..." "Just cut it..." Zap
Later "I got another root!..." " Remember what happened the last time?" "This is not the same color" "Well try and pull it instead"
he does and its the owners cable line and he comes running out chasing and yelling at the guy for turning off cable during big game

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can we get red green to do it?
the can needs to be beer and be cold out of the ground so's I can wet my whistle

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone finds a treasure chest a foot down, opens it and finds a cat skeleton inside, then realizes that they found their mother's pet cemetery.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that happened in a thread for real

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Jeff, your beer will be cold. It will be filmed in April or so and be outrageous. I guarantee it. Not exceptionally long. A few "what is that scene doing here shots?" Not as outrageous as the Hitler parodies, but I think I can safely slam the way I dig and what we find without getting waylaid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread