Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Whats like too use a snow shovel ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2679 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Having lived in Minnesota my whole life, I like winter. It is a quiet and relaxing time. I have two snow blowers, two snow shovels and an ice chopper, which gets me through the largest snowfalls just fine and except for moving snow, there isn’t a lot outdoors that has to be done. And as far as temperatures I would rather have it be very very cold than very very hot.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

us
    Oct 2013
    Topsham, Maine
    Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
    7582 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    I can deal with all the snow but we have had incredibly cold temps here in Maine. I was taking a pic of the temps every morning during the cold snap but it got too depressing. Here’s a few days....without the wind chill of course
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516028921.833759.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	659.1 KB 
ID:	1537308

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516028948.486276.jpg 
Size:	747.1 KB 
ID:	1537309

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516028971.884992.jpg 
Size:	782.1 KB 
ID:	1537310
    I have hunted in 12 degree weather. One of my best hunts ever was on that day. I also have hunted in a couple inches of snow. I literally took s shovel with me and cleared out big squares to hunt. It worked great. Hoping to get some shoreline hunts in if it gets above 20 or so. But the cold basically sucks!!!! The older I get the less I like it. I used to be an avid skier and had snowmobiles. Now I just don’t like freezing my ass off.
    searching 4, SD51, pepperj and 1 others like this.
    "Life which is lived without zest and adventure-is not life at all."
    -F.A. Mitchell-Hedges, British Explorer
    2017 BEST FINDS
    -1723 KG1
    -Colonial Cufflinks
    Oldest Coin To Date: 1652 Pine Tree Shilling NOE 29
    Colonial Silver To Date: 11
    Hammered Coins To Date: 1664 Potosi Mint COB
    1653 Copper Cob

us
    Feb 2015
    Virginia
    Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
    735 times
    North, South, any wheres better than the middle. Iv'e lived either in Kentucky or Virginia for the last 22 years and from one day to next is nuts. 70 one day and snow the next. Northern California was the best, 15 degree average temperature change ALL year.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    25831 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    If you're living in "heaven", why are you here making nasty comments? You come across as someone who is VERY unhappy.
    Lighten up tinpan is joking.
    RGINN likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    25831 times
    I have lived In and experienced cold winters in Ohio, Minnesota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Colorado and Missouri, got tired of them and moved back home to Florida. worst thing I have to do here for winter is scrape sunshine off my windshield.
    searching 4 and DizzyDigger like this.

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    8788 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tinpan View Post
    Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan

It builds character. You should try it. ;-)

And the beer stays cold for free!

When the weather' hot and sticky, that's no time for dunkin . . .

We have things to do indoors.

What's it like to live where everything is poisonous and either bites or stings?
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Jan 15, 2018 at 10:41 AM.
    dsdigger, DizzyDigger and 3cylbill like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    15801 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingharder View Post
    Tinpan, I will be shipping cases of toilet paper to your neighborhood kids to put in your trees, That way while we are shoveling snow, you can be out taking care of white stuff too.
    A case of used toilet paper!!
    dsdigger likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    4463 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Lighten up tinpan is joking
    Sorry, but it didn't come across that way. And calling people "suckers" should be grounds for thread removal.
    Normsel, gunsil and sandchip like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    25831 times
    Sorry, but it didn't come across that way. And calling people "suckers" should be grounds for thread removal.
    Your the only one who took offense, the word "suckers" does not violate our rules nor grounds for deleting a thread. Like aTV, you can change the channel.
    Honest Samuel and Pepper06 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Illinois
    Equinox 600 Garrett Carrot Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer Vibra-tector 730 Lesche 18" and 30" shovel's 4 fried chickens and a coke. And some dry white toast.
    2725 times
    Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan
    I hope the next time you go out hunting, your batteries leak (Just Joking)
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    4463 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Your the only one who took offense, the word "suckers" does not violate our rules nor grounds for deleting a thread. Like aTV, you can change the channel.
    You have no way of knowing if I was the only one took who took offense to that comment. You're assuming a lot in this thread.
    pepperj likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch Pass
    F2
    1306 times
    Prospecting
    Bon fires are more fun in the snow and snow boarding is much better too.
    dsdigger likes this.

Aug 2016
    MI
    ETRAC
    1408 times
    As Curly from the Three Stooges would say, "I resemble that!" Just be thankful that everyone living in the frozen north, doesn't vacate and come to stay in your town for the winter! A funny statistic though, look up the number of phone area codes in North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. They each have only one which means there really aren't that many people living there!

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16290 times
    Relic Hunting
    You have no way of knowing if I was the only one took who took offense to that comment. You're assuming a lot in this thread.
    I never took any offence in hte word, nor do I think that he meant anything by it. Now how many times have you ever heard the word used "Hey sucker" or variables of the phrase. I don't believe they even use sucker in the Aussie Slang.
    There is a few that make one chuckle though.

https://www.australia-migration.com/...ssie_Slang/197

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2520 times
    We hope that you get bad sun burn.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links