What's like too use a snow shovel ?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan

It builds character. You should try it. ;-)

And the beer stays cold for free!

When the weather' hot and sticky, that's no time for dunkin . . .

We have things to do indoors.

What's it like to live where everything is poisonous and either bites or stings?

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lighten up tinpan is joking

Sorry, but it didn't come across that way. And calling people "suckers" should be grounds for thread removal.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but it didn't come across that way. And calling people "suckers" should be grounds for thread removal.

Your the only one who took offense, the word "suckers" does not violate our rules nor grounds for deleting a thread. Like aTV, you can change the channel.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan

I hope the next time you go out hunting, your batteries leak:laughing7: (Just Joking)

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your the only one who took offense, the word "suckers" does not violate our rules nor grounds for deleting a thread. Like aTV, you can change the channel.

You have no way of knowing if I was the only one took who took offense to that comment. You're assuming a lot in this thread.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Curly from the Three Stooges would say, "I resemble that!" Just be thankful that everyone living in the frozen north, doesn't vacate and come to stay in your town for the winter! A funny statistic though, look up the number of phone area codes in North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. They each have only one which means there really aren't that many people living there!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have no way of knowing if I was the only one took who took offense to that comment. You're assuming a lot in this thread.

I never took any offence in hte word, nor do I think that he meant anything by it. Now how many times have you ever heard the word used "Hey sucker" or variables of the phrase. I don't believe they even use sucker in the Aussie Slang.
There is a few that make one chuckle though.

https://www.australia-migration.com/page/Aussie_Slang/197

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the right to own AND use a snow shovel. A right I enjoy frequently.
Four are close at hand.
If there is snow ,I can use a shovel to move snow.
Depending on type and depth ,multiple things can be done with snow. From insulating a structure , to art work, to simply making piles of it where desired.
The plow on the truck does the heavy work.
Might put a plow on the seventy year old tractor next year. Just for fun....
Each years snow contributes to the water table/ aquifer. A good thing.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1-16a.jpg
We ain't got that much snow so far this year, but this pic from last year shows how it's done. It ain't so bad if you got grandkids.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That spring melt off just reveals those sweet, deep colonial coppers and silvers.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to enjoy the snow and then having to clean the cars or drive out after the plows came by and closed in what I cleaned out, lost the love for it. Not sure I want to live sweating my tail off all the time so changed for somewhere that someone else does the snow removal except for the cars and I can do that. As we don't seem to get near what we used to, no big deal. If you have someone to help, dig it for you or a tractor, even better. As for those who live with no snow, that is your choice and who knows, maybe one day I'll end up there, but not yet. And tinpan, I am sure that if you are looking to try it sometime, there is probably someone here who will let you come dig some for them just to get a feel for it. If not, time to go swing and find more buried treasure.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I was down in FL for Christmas along with my bro-in-law who lives in Fairbanks, AK. At a party some of the southern guys asked my BIL how could he stand to live in such a cold climate. He replied that as the weather gets colder and colder you just put on more clothes to keep warm, but where it gets really hot one can only get so naked!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Used the shovel, then a used snow blower, then got a used ATV with a blade, Ford 5000 tractor with the snowblower, tired of the cold and snow having to spend 3-4hrs cleaning everything up after a snow dumping. So this year I bought a used blade for the truck, the only thing I'm needing now is to upgrade on some snow eating tires. Now its warmth/tunes/comfy 1hr tops to clean it all up. Like a friend said once "Sometimes we just have to take some money off the table"

20180106_133951.jpg

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's nothing more serene than going outside late at night during the winter in New England. The stars are amazingly bright, the moon is reflecting off the snow and it's so quiet you'd swear you're the only person left on the face of the earth...

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We call those big aluminum shovels Coal Shovels here in Tennessee. Never shoveled snow, but have moved tons of coal with one of those handheld devices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread