Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I consider snow a nice break. I spend my summers shoveling 220 degree asphalt on 140 degree parking lots and digging up creek beds when I'm not doing that.

Snow doesn't compare!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peperj, you can keep the nasties. Here we have one type of venomous spider, and they generally aren't too bad, two types of poisonous snakes, one type no one sees anymore, but potentially they are still out there, the timber rattler. Last one seen in my county was at least 20 years ago, it was dead in the road, made the papers. The other, the copperhead, is shy and won't attack unless cornered or provoked, unlike some of your spiders. Biggest danger is probably ground nests of bees if you're allergic and the occasional rabid animal.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Our winters up here in the far NW are wet, cold, and we'll typically
get snow 3-4 times per winter. Deepest I can recall is about 3 ft., but
it's generally less than a foot.

Most of our half acre is front yard and driveway (rivers in the back).
Shoveled the whole driveway one time, and I'm not about to do it
again. I shovel the walkway from the porch to the driveway, and
the rest can wait for it to warm up and melt off. Biggest problem is
the giant ice mound left by the snowplow. It blocks my driveway
right at the edge of the street, and it takes a pick ax to break it up.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least our toilets flush in the proper direction :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6" inches here, I'll let it melt
My boots are over 6"

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

& What is left on Monday, Should get washed away

000aaa.jpg

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Using a snow shovel is kind of like thinking about YOU taking a 12 inch long x 2" wood boring bit and using it on your ass... :occasion14:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan

Using a snow shovel is kind of like thinking about YOU taking a 12 inch long x 2" wood boring bit and using it on your ass...

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 12 inches of snow today in a six hour span. But as soon as it slowed down plows went by, most driveways have been cleared and by tomorrow everything will be back to usual winter conditions. That’s how we handle snow in Minnesota.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the arctic blasts meet the warm moist gulf air right over top of us in New England.....it can get really crazy. Other wise its usually manageable.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the ice melts it time to break out the shorts and go swimmin. 30 degrees and you are sweating after negative temps of the winter. I miss snow but I really have to say, Southern California does not suck. If you want snow in the winter you can drive to the local mountains and get chilly, you can also go surfing at the beach, do a dirt bike ride in the dessert and go night skiing all on the same day
If you move to California, keep your snow shovels!!!! They come in handy for clearing your patio & drive way after the mudslides! Think I'm kidding!?!?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thinking about buying a solar snow machine here in N.Mississippi.

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
how depressing it would be not having the changing of the seasons, i look forward to each one of them and at the same time i'm glad to see them go as well

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Guess you never did this either! Snow keeps your digging skills sharp. PHOTO_20180208_121913.jpg

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll take the cold and snow over mudslides, earthquakes and uncontrollable forest fires that burn millions of acres of trees (and homes).

And lets not forget the tornadoes! Cold weather is a small price to keep my house on it's foundation. After this message I'll be snowshoeing around my property before going to the basement to pan the many pails of gold concentrate I brought home from the streams. Enjoy your swelter tinpan.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still winter

Last edited:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey TINPAN... Thanks for caring , and presenting YOURSELF for us FROZE OUT TREASURE HUNTERS ...TO TAKE OUT OUR FRUSTRATIONS OUT ON soo here goes.....I hope {really ,, really } hope your out swingin awayand you get the signal...the half dollar signal you know the one that ..LOCKS ON AT EVERY ANGLE ... you start to dig and your 6" down and stronger than EVER..ER. YOU TAKE ANOTHER SCOOP AND THERE IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ....can slaw... you were sooo intent on digging a half dollar you didn't realize a hundred or two FIRE ANTS crawled up your pant leg ....HAVE A NICE DAY.....sucker...ha ha ha ha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread