What's like too use a snow shovel ?

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinpan, I will be shipping cases of toilet paper to your neighborhood kids to put in your trees, :) That way while we are shoveling snow, you can be out taking care of white stuff too.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah this winter has been insane. By Christmas we usually have to snowmobile two miles from the plowed road where we park our car but no snow this winter yet. 40 degree temps almost everyday instead of -20. My chickens are loving it and it's a nice change but I at least want a foot or two of snow for fun stuff. I never thought this would be a reality haha. What the heck.
My wife and I went collecting petrified wood and septarian nodules the other day and that's a first. The snow should be waist deep right now.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're living in "heaven", why are you here making nasty comments? You come across as someone who is VERY unhappy.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't go any more south than Michigan. Can't deal with the heat, I'm outside year-round, love it! Winter Water Wonderland!

Hot and sweaty all the time? That stinks!

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi suckers enjoy living in such a cold frozen wasteland . Never owned a snow shovel or used one. Must be fun seeing you enjoy your lovely winter. Sun is heaven tinpan

Ah the Auzzie rubbing it again,:laughing7: We're only 50C difference between us, you'll be +27C and I'm at -23C so at least we share the 20's together. :hello2:
Come Friday when you're sitting at 40C and your shorts feel like a wet tea bag think again about the weather.

Last edited:

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
4 degrees Fahrenheit for me. One tends to get used to it. 32 seems rather hot after 5 degrees for a month or two.

Its not too bad, stay inside by the fire. Work on relics and other things that when the temperatures are warmer are put off.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am convinced there has to be a correlation between I.Q. and the average amount of snowfall in a given area. Whether folks have to be smarter to survive or are just too dumb to move is up for debate... :dontknow:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Our winters kill off most of the bad things or keeps them small that want to mess with us. Having a Huntsman crawling across the liner of our car still gives me the willies 25yrs later.
Seeing a Redback Spider in the privy under the seat isn't my way of starting the morning off either.:tongue3: You have some 10,000 different ones crawling around there-nice.

https://portal.clubrunner.ca/8104/stories/10-most-dangerous-spiders-in-australia

Snakes 140 different types another 32 for the seas out of them a 100 are venomous, 12 will kill you. Got to love winters :headbang:

Snakes | NSW Environment & Heritage

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shovels are used for MD...I try not to touch a shovel in the winter...that is how people have heart attacks 20180113_073303.jpg :laughing7:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Pinball. Here's my shovel. IMG_20161122_132022179.jpg

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 degrees Fahrenheit for me. One tends to get used to it. 32 seems rather hot after 5 degrees for a month or two.

Its not too bad, stay inside by the fire. Work on relics and other things that when the temperatures are warmer are put off.
When the ice melts it time to break out the shorts and go swimmin. 30 degrees and you are sweating after negative temps of the winter. I miss snow but I really have to say, Southern California does not suck. If you want snow in the winter you can drive to the local mountains and get chilly, you can also go surfing at the beach, do a dirt bike ride in the dessert and go night skiing all on the same day

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take the cold and snow over mudslides, earthquakes and uncontrollable forest fires that burn millions of acres of trees (and homes).

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having lived in Minnesota my whole life, I like winter. It is a quiet and relaxing time. I have two snow blowers, two snow shovels and an ice chopper, which gets me through the largest snowfalls just fine and except for moving snow, there isn’t a lot outdoors that has to be done. And as far as temperatures I would rather have it be very very cold than very very hot.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can deal with all the snow but we have had incredibly cold temps here in Maine. I was taking a pic of the temps every morning during the cold snap but it got too depressing. Here’s a few days....without the wind chill of course
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516028921.833759.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516028948.486276.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516028971.884992.jpg
I have hunted in 12 degree weather. One of my best hunts ever was on that day. I also have hunted in a couple inches of snow. I literally took s shovel with me and cleared out big squares to hunt. It worked great. Hoping to get some shoreline hunts in if it gets above 20 or so. But the cold basically sucks!!!! The older I get the less I like it. I used to be an avid skier and had snowmobiles. Now I just don’t like freezing my ass off.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North, South, any wheres better than the middle. Iv'e lived either in Kentucky or Virginia for the last 22 years and from one day to next is nuts. 70 one day and snow the next. Northern California was the best, 15 degree average temperature change ALL year.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're living in "heaven", why are you here making nasty comments? You come across as someone who is VERY unhappy.

Lighten up tinpan is joking.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have lived In and experienced cold winters in Ohio, Minnesota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Colorado and Missouri, got tired of them and moved back home to Florida. worst thing I have to do here for winter is scrape sunshine off my windshield.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread