Today's Finds & What is it?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought fella's. I really enjoy "Todays Finds", some really great items, and the "What is it" can be of some real interest. Now, I learn some good things from members on this forum, lots of good tips etc. The one thing I've wondered about, with there being so many makes and models of machines out there, is just which detector were you using, and just how did you have it set up at that time, (pre-set programs, custom, all metal, etc. etc.) I think just knowing what your settings and such were set in at that time, and pitch of sound, and even any number readings you might have, could be of a lot of help and information to newer users, if they be new to the hobby, our to that particular machine itself. When I see some of the finds, I can often see what Brand they might be using, but not how they had it set up, sometimes it might cause me to want to try a "different" kind of set up, search mode etc. then what I've been doing, and of course perhaps a better set up for my type of hunting, if I should be using that same brand/model. Again, just a thought. We'll see what happens.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just came back after another cup of coffee fella's, and just now realized that there are sub-forums for different brands, where different questions can be asked for each, and often a good source of information, so perhaps this may have been an unnecessary thread. But then again it being in "General Discussions", it could be a quick source of information, and something of general interest to many. Something of a "quick reference guide".

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Minelabs for the past decade, and now a Deus. Opened right up no discrimination lets me hear everything to be heard, sounds are one's best friend when using the machine. I will admit that on a saturated iron site it gets to be a tad noisy to the ears, but that's where one finds it all mixed in.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I normally review the following forums daily.

Charter Members Only
General Discussion
Metal Detecting
Brands forums.

I occasionally look at the classifieds forums and the What Is It forum.

I try to get to the today's finds forum, but this can be very time consuming, because I feel like I should post on most of the finds. I have been slacking on the today's finds though lately and need to catch up on all the Best of 2017 posts.

Being a veteran I also pop into the Barracks forum on occasion.

The forums in red text are the ones were I feel I can help others, particularly in the Fisher Research Labs and the Bounty Hunter forums.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread