vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Hope you have a great hunt. And, my wife is also dealing with "arthritic pain" these days and gets up often at night... Sure hope science finds a cure one day. Take care.

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you vpnavy. Me too. All the best to your wife. I know how she feels.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hate it when I just wake up at 2 and can't go back to sleep for nothing. it's bad enough that the body pains keep you adjusting all night but I am constantly reminded that it could be worse. I guess the object is to not become one of the ones that everyone else considers worse.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy O Boy, I do understand what you guys are saying.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
My hands hurt sometimes from it. It woke me up two weeks ago, hurt so bad I just couldn't sleep. I have to put an ice pack on it to numb it. Advill helps me a bit too.

I hope that you start to feel better.

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that buddy. Like VPNavy my wife is up and down all night with the same thing. It kills me that there’s nothing I can do for her!! Hope you get to feeling better my friend and I’ll be in touch with you soon.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
At least you are alive to feel the pain, or that's how I think of my pain lately. Had a friend pass last week basically due to trying to stop his back pain. Always had a few beers in the evening but the recent addition of pills kept him from waking up one day. As Phyllis Diller once said, "Getting old ain't for pansies" or something like that... Oh well at least there are more options on TV, Netflix, etc. when we do wake in the night, unlike our parent who only had 5 channels at best. I personally find it most effective to take pills (naproxen) before I do something strenuous instead of afterward when the pain kicks in. Good luck to all in dealing with life's discomforts. I feel your pain!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This flu - or whatever it is has taken the edge off the arthritis. For now.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, just wanted to say the only reason I’m up this early is cause the arthritic pain drove me out a bed. :tongue3:
Sorry, wish it was because I was doing a pre dawn hunt to watch the sunrise.
Exhausted in Calif.

Where is your arthritic pain? Look into apitherapy using bee venom.
Being a 4Generation Beekeeper I’ve seen many miracle recoveries with this process.

Mellitin, an anti-inflammatory agent found in the venom, is one hundred times stronger than cortisone.

Good Luck Friend

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My arthritis does the same for me. Not even going digging today. It's a balmy 18 outside, the barometric pressure is dropping. Snow tomorrow. I would go but without the sun, there will be better days. Bee thing won't work for me, I'm allergic to bees.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My arthritis does the same for me. Not even going digging today. It's a balmy 18 outside, the barometric pressure is dropping. Snow tomorrow. I would go but without the sun, there will be better days. Bee thing won't work for me, I'm allergic to bees.

I’m sorry Smokey, I will pray for your healing.

Lord God,

I wish I could take away my friends pain. It is so hard to see them suffer and not know how to help. So I came before you God, our restorer, and our redeemer. I know that you took their pain upon yourself when you died on the cross. So I ask in your name for healing for them. Come now in the power of the Holy Spirit and restore this child of yours. I pray they no longer have to bear this weight on their shoulders. I pray that they also look to turn themselves to you during their time of struggling

GET WELL SOON MY FRIEND!
BCD3E407-8F79-4E60-9FED-CD820DB3E632.jpeg 893AD844-BED4-4370-959D-67FD813C922B.jpeg

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you everyone. Your kind words and prayers brought tears to my eyes. You folks are the best.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with WaterScoop, being a beekeeper also, beekeepers don't get arthritis from being stung so often. So they say.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i plan on falling over with my tejon in my hands . complaing don't help the pain . i can't lift my arm up but can still swing it low . as long as i can still find a pull tab...I'm in

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is so illuminating. I don't know about the rest of you, but I (very mistakenly) picture all of my buddies here on TN as young folks bounding around looking for treasure with the greatest of ease. I purposely stopped aging mentally at 12 years. What a great age. Just enjoying life playing and running all over creation before the teen years hit with jobs, dating, painful breakups, peer pressure, marriage, kids, bills, taxes, health issues, family deaths, and on and on. But I'm 57 now. Hard to get up and down on these old knees. Shoulders hurting. Bones in my wrists and hands aching. I remember working with Daddy on plumbing or running baseboard or whatever and how he'd carry on trying to get up. I was about 20 and thinking (would never say it) "Come on, man. Just spring up!" Or when Mama asked me to open something because the bones in her hands hurt so and I'm thinking "You just got to push through the pain!" What a big old mouthful of words we have to eat, like a toughass, gristly old piece of meat that just wears out the jaws. Sometimes, something so simple as thumbing a page sends what feels like a knife being driven into my hand. Yeah, we just knew it all as young'uns, didn't we? As a worldly inhabitant, I keep pushing, clinging to fleeting youth, so that I can keep looking for coins, bottles, arrowheads and to see my son find something that just lights up his face, but as a Christian, I find myself looking forward to that day when I'm called home, to receive that new body, and to see Mama and Daddy again in theirs as well, and not as I saw them last, drawn up and wasting away. I consider all of you here my extended family, and pray for you as I pray for myself. I realize that I can never meet God's standard, nor can I ever deserve all His blessings. I do feel like I probably deserve the aches and pains, but at the same time, feel like a billionaire to have what good health I have, and to try not to complain, for how could I ever put a price on the two legs, arms, hands and eyes with which I've made a living all these years and that many don't have that much, yet remain cheerful. As a kid, I remember Miss Bessie Martin at church. In a pretty dress, one leg and a wooden crutch, crossing the street to come and sing and worship, and always, all smiles. Miss Bertha Yoder, after spending her entire life looking after others as a nurse, always jolly as anyone could be, wasting away in excruciating pain as her back deterioratied, still smiling. They saw something that I didn't at the time. I apologize for rambling on, not preaching to anybody but maybe myself, to keep on swinging, but at the same time, to always keep my eyes on the only real treasure that I will indeed find one day.

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome post sandchip, as well as others. Thanks! To all who are hurting and in pain I pray that all your day goes well and that we can go out into this world as children and find inspiration.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most of us just live with pain, it is a 24 hour thing. I used to complain a lot and then I met this elderly lady that really put me in my place, her arthritis was so crippling plus she was nearly blind blind from macular degeneration. She still had a smile on her face when she spoke to someone but when she slowly walked with her walker, you could see the pain in her face. I have learned to focus on what I can do and not what I can't do. I also found that if you want to still keep doing something in spite of the pain, you have to modify or change your approach. For me, I went with the Deus to get a much lighter set up and this not only allows me to continue detecting but to do it longer. my Sampson digger is also my crutch/ get me back up again tool. pain sucks but I guess it is better than no feeling at all. I take a lot of glucosomine concroment (spelling) w/MS and it helps me. DL

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup...So often when I go out and do things, my mind says I'm 30, my body says, no your not.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, just wanted to say the only reason I’m up this early is cause the arthritic pain drove me out a bed. :tongue3:
Sorry, wish it was because I was doing a pre dawn hunt to watch the sunrise.
Exhausted in Calif.

Damn brah...
Who is this Arthur itis and why is he botherin' you!
Hope you feel better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread