SO WHOS GOIN TO MICHIGAN TO SEARCH FOR METEORITES ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i experienced this back in 88" down by Kentucky lake i was sittin on a dock trying my hand night fishin for crappies. it was a beutiful night big puffy clouds in the sky. the wind was calm so quiet you coulda heard a minnow fart. it was about midnight. i was sittin there all by my lonesome and it started getting brighter and brighter i didnt know what was happening as ii looked almost straight above i could see something enter the cloud wether it was a meteor or space junk it got as bright as daylight. it didnt seem to come out of the cloud i was waiting to hear a splash in the water. but it did'nt happen. it most likely was space junk. who knows how much space junk is out there floating around ? tons ?

speaking of space junk ? I came across an interesting article in air and space magazine and I thought some of you guys and gals might be curious like I am. anywaysin the article they claim a European company is going to launch a project to go up and start cleaning up some of the space junk. yea this blew me away. they claim theres an estimated 750,000 bits and pieces of space junk between marble size and baseball size. and 166 million smaller particles still capable of doing damage. even tiny flecks of paint moving at 5 miles per second that have scarred spacecraft windshields. anyway the article was in august 2017 magazine. so much for curbside pickup ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread