SO WHOS GOIN TO MICHIGAN TO SEARCH FOR METEORITES ?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw a projected debris path of the meteorite last night and it's on the property of the Rod and Gun Club where I'm a member. Think I'd better get over there tomorrow.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its rocky it be will a tough job. If nickel iron, the detector may find some, will be a lot of work however.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hear there is another as large as a house on its way

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff of pa, I hard that too. I can't put down what I'm really thinking.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I think he said Astroid.

I'm looking now to see if I can find anything

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw the news and it said the MI fall triggered a seismic sensor to read 2.something earthquake. Possibly a very large piece hit the earth. ╦╦Ç

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the news and it said the MI fall triggered a seismic sensor to read 2.something earthquake. Possibly a very large piece hit the earth. ╦╦Ç

Yea I heard that too.
I figured from the Bang But Maybe :coffee2:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay home fella's, A2coins is all over it.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They say the shock wave from the meteor caused the instruments to ID an earthquake. I also think the majority of the particles that hit the earth are the size of sand. Good Luck for those hunting for pieces.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About a year ago, a meteor flew over CA and a few other states, causing a sonic boom here that shook the house at 8:05 am. A picture on the fireplace mantle fell. ╦╦Ç

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided I'd stay home today and not go looking for the impossible. A friend posted a picture of what he claims is a piece of the meteorite he found in his back yard. He said it looks just like coal. I looked at the pic and oddly enough it doesn't even show an signs of impact. It's coal and he's a jokester!

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife, son, and I were sitting in the living room when it happened, we thought the slow plow dropped his blade hard on the neighbors driveway (our houses are so close to each other).

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Just saw a projected debris path of the meteorite last night and it's on the property of the Rod and Gun Club where I'm a member. Think I'd better get over there tomorrow.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. wish i was goin. cant do that no more. cant even go ice fishin. no more.feet are like popsicles. and dont ask what flavor ! and neuropathy in my fingers and i'm just sittin here lookin at t.n on the computer. see my post in health watch to understand why.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NASA says skyscraper-sized asteroid headed toward Earth is ‘potentially hazardous’

NASA says skyscraper-sized asteroid headed toward Earth is ?potentially hazardous? ? BGR

so whats more scary ? asteroid as big as empire state building ?? plummeting towards earth ? hmmmm ? or a nuke from korea ? hmmmmm ?

neither to me actually .

But if I had to choose, Probably the nuke.

PreperationH can be used for Asteroids :coffee2:
and the pieces would be Very Valuable

a Nuke ? Depends on which way the wind blows I guess

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions