ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TH, I think you may be mistaken. I have scoured the rules multiple times and cant find anything that prohibits using the quote feature the way I did in my reply (post #2) here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...-ctx3030-water-leak-question.html#post5666373

I prefer to reply this way for clarity and continuity of thought re the OP but don't want to violate any rules, of course. I have seen this type of reply other times here and have received a couple of PMs from longtime posters telling me it isn't against the rules.

Not trying to call anyone out here, just want to follow the actual rules and maybe help someone out now and then. If someone could point out the rule to me, I'd be grateful. TIA!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
TH, I think you may be mistaken. I have scoured the rules multiple times and cant find anything that prohibits using the quote feature the way I did in my reply (post #2) here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...-ctx3030-water-leak-question.html#post5666373

I prefer to reply this way for clarity and continuity of thought re the OP but don't want to violate any rules, of course. I have seen this type of reply other times here and have received a couple of PMs from longtime posters telling me it isn't against the rules.

Not trying to call anyone out here, just want to follow the actual rules and maybe help someone out now and then. If someone could point out the rule to me, I'd be grateful. TIA!

Perhaps you didn't violate a rule in the CTX thread but now you may be in violation...lol. Let it go man.

Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

Respect our moderators. Our moderators are tasked with keeping TreasureNet family friendly, on topic, and civil. Not always an easy task. Insults, and personal attacks against our moderators will not be tolerated and may be grounds for account deletion and banning. If you've posted something, and it disappears, don't make a big deal out of it in another post! (You've probably violated some rule below!)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Champ, to begin with I asked you to not edit quotes because it causes problems on the forums, it has done so many times over the years, I did not call you out on a rule or say you were violating a rule, I politely asked you to not edit member's quotes.

Champ, please do not quote a member's post then edit the members actual post, you can quote sections at a time if you wish then answer below each quote.

Mods can ask any member to stop doing things that have proven to cause problems on the forums such as editing quotes.

Here is the rule you asked for.

Rule on editing quotes.png

Any further questions or comments on this issue can be handled through PM as per our rules.....Thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions