I think I might be afraid to make friends?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speaking of friend requests....
Hello Waterscoop, glad to have you as a friend, thanks for your request.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 times as many "friends" on here than on facebook. Course that ain't sayin' much. I hate facebook.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello diggummup.....
I have 35x more friends here, I don’t do the Facebook.

My grandmother does Facebook, my mom is on Twitter, and my kid is all about Instagram.....
Their lives would be better if they dumped all that nonsense, and just did Tnet.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, what's goin' on here with all this 'Friend Request' talk?!?!? I log on this morning and what pops up, but an incoming Friend Request from none other than our very own AARC! HA!! You're a fruitcake! You're a loonie-tune! (I am too, by the way!!) You have 900 other friends on here, and now you want li'l old ME?? Shucks, I think I'm gonna blush. :laughing9:

Going back to the OP:
Duckshot, what I've always regarded as a "Friends" list is, these are folks who you want to be associated with in a forum; people who you get along with; folks who don't get under your skin like a bad case of chiggers. ...Sssooooooo, why the hell does AARC want "me" for a friend, again?? :evil5:

**EDITED** Ok, ok...just had to re-write this post. Actually, didn't like the half-cracked attempt at humor. Anyway, I now have an "official" friend! AARC is the first one EVER to give a reason worthy of my accepting! ...His reason? Cause he's trying to get to 1,000! :tongue3:

By the way, I'm anti-social, too. I don't do Facebook. freaked-out-smiley-emoticon.gif

Attachments

• laughing hysterically.gif
    laughing hysterically.gif
    5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..... I log on this morning and what pops up, but an incoming Friend Request from none other than our very own AARC! HA!! You're a fruitcake! You're a loonie-tune! (I am too, by the way!!) You have 900 other friends on here, and now you want li'l old ME??

Wow, I think AARC is friends with everyone who has been a posting member in the last decade!

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I just like your picture/quote. I sure hope Tom Brady's hand is healed in time for the game after having surgery to add another finger..

The Patriots are always looking for new ways to push the envelope, and gain a tactical advantage. Mr. Brady has now developed a new way of giving the opposition two middle fingers at once, and having them believe he is wanting "Peace".

When it comes to friends Benjamin Franklin said it best "Real friends don't let real friends die liberal".

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Curt Schilling had stitches too once, seemed to work out ok....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am not on Facebook I for one don’t want anyone knowing my business.

Just FYI, facebook doesnt let anyone see anything you dont want them to see. You control who your friends are, you control what you post, and you control who can see what you post.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oooo let me guess, bet you don't like T_H?

see ya kemper

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just FYI, facebook doesnt let anyone see anything you dont want them to see. You control who your friends are, you control what you post, and you control who can see what you post.

Exactly so if I don’t want anyone knowing my business, family, friends etc then why be on? Nothing but drama on there. Besides that’s what a wife is for and she barely gets on hers.

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
I have lived in BOSTON all my life, i am not a sports fan, I am sick and tired of the name BRADY it"s overkill lets get back to metal detecting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, what's goin' on here with all this 'Friend Request' talk?!?!? I log on this morning and what pops up, but an incoming Friend Request from none other than our very own AARC! HA!! You're a fruitcake! You're a loonie-tune! (I am too, by the way!!) You have 900 other friends on here, and now you want li'l old ME?? Shucks, I think I'm gonna blush. :laughing9:

Going back to the OP:
Duckshot, what I've always regarded as a "Friends" list is, these are folks who you want to be associated with in a forum; people who you get along with; folks who don't get under your skin like a bad case of chiggers. ...Sssooooooo, why the hell does AARC want "me" for a friend, again?? :evil5:

**EDITED** Ok, ok...just had to re-write this post. Actually, didn't like the half-cracked attempt at humor. Anyway, I now have an "official" friend! AARC is the first one EVER to give a reason worthy of my accepting! ...His reason? Cause he's trying to get to 1,000! :tongue3:

By the way, I'm anti-social, too. I don't do Facebook. View attachment 1539464

:).

I collect things.

Why stop here... simple as that...

now... back in the friends list :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest... its a 2 part "goal"...

to hit 1000 friends... (may be the first time here AND its a nice easy to remember round number)...

And to stimulate users like this / Treasurenet.

:)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and BTW Kcm...

My mail is freed up so I can receive msgs again.

Perhaps I should become a Charter again. heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread