I think I might be afraid to make friends?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no real benefit to having someone on your friends list here on TNET. There is no harm either. I have a few in my list here, and I have ignored a bunch too over the years. Basically, if you like the way the person posts you can ask to be friends. Maybe it will blossom into a romance, who knows. :thumbsup: :laughing7:

lol.

***ARC reaches for a bottle of rum and begins guzzling***

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I think AARC is friends with everyone who has been a posting member in the last decade!

I do have some "criteria" ... with some exceptions... depending.

I read the profile of the prospective "friend"...

If they have been here for close to a year and have posted some is what the criteria is currently "at / down" to at this point.

(hey beggars cant be too choosy) :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey... btw...

A2coins is not far behind me... I think he is well over 700 friends.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw... I just returned from a very long hiatus...

I dropped out of TN except for checking in on The Random Picture Thread to give likes... for almost ehhhh ? 6 months ? ? ?.

The good thing is... not many even noticed I was gone :P

IF I had not taken time off from here... I would have long been over the 1000 mark... and who knows where the RPT would be in views.

Anyway...

To Friend or not to friend... is still the topic.

So...

As you were.

:)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
:).

I collect things.

Why stop here... simple as that...

now... back in the friends list :P

To be honest... its a 2 part "goal"...

to hit 1000 friends... (may be the first time here AND its a nice easy to remember round number)...

And to stimulate users like this / Treasurenet.

lol.

***ARC reaches for a bottle of rum and begins guzzling***

I do have some "criteria" ... with some exceptions... depending.

I read the profile of the prospective "friend"...

If they have been here for close to a year and have posted some is what the criteria is currently "at / down" to at this point.

(hey beggars cant be too choosy) :P

16283377.gif

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Btw... I just returned from a very long hiatus...

I dropped out of TN except for checking in on The Random Picture Thread to give likes... for almost ehhhh ? 6 months ? ? ?.

The good thing is... not many even noticed I was gone :P

IF I had not taken time off from here... I would have long been over the 1000 mark... and who knows where the RPT would be in views.

Anyway...

To Friend or not to friend... is still the topic.

So...

As you were.

heck if I go 4 hours without being on all the females pm me

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i'm gonna have to think long and hard about that one. in my book i truly dont know if i can refer to someone as a friend. heres what friends have been good for #1 they drink all your beer #2 you loan them your tools and they dont return them. you have to go chase them down when you need 'em #3 you loan them money and they dont pay you back #4 they sneak around behind your back with your girl friend or your wife. #5 you do favors for them and when you need help they're no where to be found #6 a friend loaned his van to a friend and he toasted the engine in it. i know it didnt happen to me. but boy thats a good one to remember ! so if you live far,far away i guess you can be my friend then ! p.s if i forgot any i'll add to the list. also i'll need a picture to help me determine if you're look like :tongue3:a shady character

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something to think about Nomad 11.

#1 The breweries brew more beer everyday of the week except Sundays.

#2. Never, and i mean NEVER lend your tools to anyone. If a friend needs your tools do it yourself. Charge them cash if they want to watch and double if they want to help.

#3 Money is less important than friends.

#4 Yeah. But if she loves you she will come back to you.

#5 Don't expect a favor to be repaid or it ain't really a favor.

#6 Engines die. As long as there was still oil in it, and the fuel tank is full, no foul.

Im as shady looking as they come and I only hang out with high grade trash, no dregs and certainly no elitists. But, im very forgiving. I'll hang out with you, Nomad 11, if you will have me. :icon_thumleft:

I got too much ego as it is. I don't need a list to know who my friends are so you will not be getting T-net notification from me. My apologies to AARC and others who may request such T-Net notification. Thanks, but no thanks! :tongue3:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im as shady looking as they come and I only hang out with high grade trash, no dregs and certainly no elitists. But, im very forgiving. I'll hang out with you, Nomad 11, if you will have me. :icon_thumleft:

I got too much ego as it is. I don't need a list to know who my friends are so you will not be getting T-net notification from me. My apologies to AARC and others who may request such T-Net notification. Thanks, but no thanks! :tongue3:

Duckshot there's absolutely no doubt you and I would get along just fine... trust me on that one! We'd be laughing our asses off together.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol...

I'm not good at friendship online or in real life.
I can relate. Welcome to treasurenet, from Ohio. Stick around and post your finds, and before you know it, one of these pirates will collect you as a friend. Lol.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
i too have had a couple recent friend requests. and as i have done in the past, i am going to deny them. i dont see the relevence.
ive had a facebook account for over 5 yrs, and have never posted anything on it. i have denied all the friend requests on there including my best friends, my family, and even my 2 sons. i should close my facebook account i guess, but i think i will just keep wasting their little micro space saved for me.

rlpartridge

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can relate. Welcome to treasurenet, from Ohio. Stick around and post your finds, and before you know it, one of these pirates will collect you as a friend. Lol.

Ha. My ability to form a close friendship is possibly more rare and unattainable than a lot of these legendary lost treasures. :lock:

But I do hope I eventually have some finds to post here. Honestly, I would just be excited to find a cool old foreign coin. :goldcoin:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's easy; just go to a foreign country. :laughing7:

...Only problem is, once you find something there, it's not a "foreign" coin until you take it out of there. :tongue3:

rlpartridge

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's easy; just go to a foreign country. :laughing7:

...Only problem is, once you find something there, it's not a "foreign" coin until you take it out of there. :tongue3:

lol True. But yes, I would love to visit some foreign countries and do some treasure hunting. If even for just that exotic feel.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend who passed away last year. He was a genius and famous for all the things he did. I didn't really care about all that because he was my friend. Being a clever man he once defined what a friend is in a way I could only agree with.

"An acquaintance helps you move. A friend helps you move bodies." R.A. 1977

I'm not sure anyone can actually be a friend online by that standard.

And that is hard to find! Also seems like that is fading away with the older generation, Loyalty. The best friends that I have are 20 years or more older than me.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm gonna have to think long and hard about that one. in my book i truly dont know if i can refer to someone as a friend. heres what friends have been good for #1 they drink all your beer #2 you loan them your tools and they dont return them. you have to go chase them down when you need 'em #3 you loan them money and they dont pay you back #4 they sneak around behind your back with your girl friend or your wife. #5 you do favors for them and when you need help they're no where to be found #6 a friend loaned his van to a friend and he toasted the engine in it. i know it didnt happen to me. but boy thats a good one to remember ! so if you live far,far away i guess you can be my friend then ! p.s if i forgot any i'll add to the list. also i'll need a picture to help me determine if you're look like :tongue3:a shady character

HAHA.... I get what your saying!! Have a little money? You'll have a TON of "friends". Showing up at all hours, wanting to go do stuff,.......

Go broke? Where did everyone go? :dontknow: Crickets! :laughing7: That's when you find out who your true friends are....When they have nothing to gain.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions