New Permission

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excite about this one. In the GIS pic below all you see is the chimney. The owner told me that the cabin that was there was built in the 1850's and the property has been in his family the whole time. He said the last people to live there was in the 40s or 50s. Hope I can get some good stuff out of it.

I am working on two other permissions as well. One is the Old English in, built in the 1700's. This would be the oldest property I will get to search around here.

The other is a newer house on 25 ac, that has 3 old house sites on it, along with the fireplace from a 100 year old one room school, which is no longer there.

There is also a cave on this property. Would you guys explore the cave, it possible?

fp.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the new permissions...have a great time exploring the area! :icon_thumleft:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds pretty promising. Exploring caves can have consequences. If you decide to go in, make sure you go with a friend and the right equipment.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck on the new permission.
It all depends how big/deep/high/dry/wet the cave is, some are just a walk in affair and others are a belly crawl.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at your post, I need to log out. The drool is dripping on the keyboard.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like fun! The cave sounds neat too.Are there any creatures in your area that might be in the cave? I might go with a couple of people with one person staying outside the cave if any need for help should arise they could seek it. Maybe check phone reception in cave too. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Caches are still out there.good luck.

OP
OP
rjeffw

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well bad news is, two of the permissions did not come through. Good news is I was able to nab this one. The owner says he wants to hunt it with me. Said he loves looking for old artifacts like arrow heads, said he has never detected. Said the house is 100 years old at least. Also said he is a UPS guy and could probably give me some places to hunt out his way. View attachment 2018-01-26_1.bmp

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the permissions you got and keep trying! Hope fully they will give up some interesting finds or if nothing else, enjoyable days outside swinging a coil! Always good to bring someone in to the hobby and if new, help show the proper ways to do everything. And if he can help with other sites, even better! Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread