2018 Tucson AZ Gem and Mineral Show.

BobbyGman

Greenie
Jun 21, 2017
Miami Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am considering attending this show to sell some or all of my rather large collection (20+ lbs) of rough Peridot. I am not a dealer. I do tho have many large stones for sale originating from San Carlos AZ area. They range in size from 5 carats to 60+ carats. I am being told that this show would be the place to sell them. Has anyone attended this show? Is this practical? Or would I be better off to sell on eBay?

Attachments

• IMG_20171229_160045834~2.jpg
    IMG_20171229_160045834~2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20171229_153330242~2.jpg
    IMG_20171229_153330242~2.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 81

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know a gentleman in Winchester Tn. That makes his living selling all types of gems and stones. I've Been lucky enough to be in his shop which is not retail. He goes to Vegas and elsewhere to shows, buys product and sells to jewelry makers.He allows jewelry makers in his shop by appointment only.Ill try to get his name if you are interested.

OP
OP
B

BobbyGman

Greenie
Jun 21, 2017
Miami Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, thank you very much. The Tucson show is suppose to be a biggy. I'd like to set up appts with some of those who will be attending if possible rather than wandering around with a sign: "Peridot For Sale" Lol!

GreyGhost

Feb 14, 2010
AZ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from Tucson and I go to the show every year.
It's a huge event, there's about 20 shows all running simultaneously together at all the different hotels. Most of them are free to attend, some are vendor only and require a business ID.
Your best bet is to stop by the Hotel Tucson City Center, which is my favorite show, starting on January 27th and grab one of the many free guides that are put out in the lobby of the hotel. Then just start looking up rough gem dealers. Talk to a few and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
B

BobbyGman

Greenie
Jun 21, 2017
Miami Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you. I appreciate the advise. Ill be going tomorrow the 9th. i was planning on attending last week but i was a passenger in an auto accident on the freeway. We all survived thank God, but the Caddy was totaled. i'm still so sore i can hardly move. Running around Tucson carrying 20+ lbs of stones sounds less than exciting LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread