Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Just sitting waiting for a parking spot and a perp ran into our car....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    13613 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    We live in The South and carry pistols.

There is "usually" a warning shot to indicate that it is time to stop running.
    gold boy, pepperj and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    random chat thread member

Jul 2017
    Texas
    bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2
    3500 times
    Metal Detecting
    due to the high cost of ammo no warning shots will be fired
    i'm a rebel from today's culture

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    15789 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Wow,, I'm really sorry to hear about all this criminal activity and violence. When I was living in NYC,, that sort of stuff never happened.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    random chat thread member

Jul 2017
    Texas
    bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2
    3500 times
    Metal Detecting
    that is surprising considering were you used to live
    against the wind and pepperj like this.
    i'm a rebel from today's culture

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    2288 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    It's so strange that colour, height, weight can all change between eye witnesses. Must make the investigators go

Things happen so fast that most times its over and the brain is still processing. Then we all go done the "What if" thinking mode.
    Like I thought "What if" it happened a minute later and I just happen to open the car door and the perp. ran into the door edge?
    All it really depends on is who is paying attention.

Not heroism, but i did probably save two guys once. We were demolishing a metal lath and plaster wall in 100 year old department store. It was a strange partition for a store window display, about 2-1/2" thick and lathed on both sides of 1" rolled steel channel. A lot like other partitions we had demolished in the same building but much thicker. The three of us were cutting it out in 4' sqaures with a 12" circular saw. Messy dusty work.

Anyways I had to go use the Porta-John. Come back and I see all that is holding up the soffit above the storefront is the two 2" X 3" kingstuds of a door frame, and one of my partners was about to cut a kingstud! I could see from a distance while I was walking up that the whole thing was starting to buckle and my two partners were underneath the whole mess!

I just unplugged their power from where I was fifty feet away and called the two over. They just stood there and look at me like "WTF!?", so I says " The foreman wants to talk to you". They come over to me and I explained the situation- "Some poor S.O.B has to sneak in there, chain up a king stud, and we will pull the stud and let it drop".

As soon as the words were out of my mouth both kingstuds broke, and half a ton of lath and plaster soffit came swinging down. It was still held up on the window side of the store display so when it swung down it went crashing through the window and right out into the street. It would probably have took us all if we were underneath that soffit.

That was almost three decades ago, and I still have nightmares about what could have happened.My work partners and i were all o.k. though, all because I had to drop a duce in the Porta-John. And I was paying attention.
    I cannot make you think. I can give you something to think about, but whether or not you choose to think about what is offered and how you think about it is entirely up to you. In the same manner, I cannot make you get offended. I have no control over your behavior. Getting offended, or keeping your cool is your choice. It is all up to YOU cupcake!

.....if words can hurt you what will punches do?

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16289 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Tom View Post

Then it goes like a story a retired Pen. officer told me this morning. Fed. inmate escaped, officers were issued 38cal. pistols. Officer came across the inmate in the bush, inmate says it's not the first time he's been shot, and bolts it.
    Officer shoots warning shot and inmates goes over a steep incline and with officer aiming at his heels and fires.
    Incline and the running of the inmate got a thigh hit.
    So the warning shot just made the guy into a scared rabbit.
    gold boy and Carolina Tom like this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2520 times
    If we ask people for help, then, we have to help people who need help.
    gold boy, RustyGold and pepperj like this.

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    6204 times
    The Truth

Question,Whats a warning shot?
    pepperj and Carolina Tom like this.
    YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

A mans rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
    becomes a revolutionary act. -- George

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    6354 times
    Prospecting
    Lots of folks here who have the need to intervene when needed. Most people aren't that way. Some others used to be, but have been kicked in the head enough to where they've been conditioned to stay put. As others have said, I'm not wired that way. Fortunately I live where there is virtually nothing wrong happening - otherwise, I'd probably be dead by now.

It's (in "my" opinion) the same instinct that fire fighters have when going into a burning structure, and I suppose the same as LEO's have when choosing that as a career. All I know for certain is, I never EVER want to be sitting around afterwards asking myself, "Why didn't I do something?" Just couldn't live with that.
    pepperj likes this.
    "...I've got silver in the stars and gold in the morning sun" - Don Williams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links