Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Permissions are so important to us in so many ways and yet so many are still afraid to step forward and just ask. what have you to lose? you already can't hunt the spot so the worst that they can say is no way and what if they say yes? As of yesterday, my wife and I have pulled out right at 30 silvers, mostly coins out of this permission and we still have a lot to detect. Just a year or two ago, I was whining about not finding many silver coins, wheaties much less Buffs. Oh I had found silver, but it was mainly jewelry with just a couple of Rosies and a Canadian quarter. Now the list contains numerous Mercs, Rosies, a Barber dime, 3 Walker halves, a Franklin half and a Washington quarter, 3 War nickles plus a ton of wheaties, IHs and several Buffs. All because I finally bit the bullet and opened my mouth. I figure that we will be working this place for a pretty long time. Who cares if it has been hit by others before, most people hunt pretty fast and miss some very good stuff. There is only one way to find out and it can really change your finds and your collections. Me, very blown away at what we have found so far and know that there is more to come. My wife, like a little kid in a candy store. If she is home(not at work) and I am getting ready to go detecting, she will have her stuff loaded up before me and then getting changed. In fact, she will bring up the fact that we have time or it sure is nice out there so what is a man to do? Gotta keep her happy I guess...I suffer so! I know that not all permissions will pan out with anything good but how do you know until you ask and hunt them? GO ASK! DL

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very good story. Nice permission too.:thumb_up:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing! :occasion14: May 30 more silvers find your coil! :icon_thumleft:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great catch, DL. 🙌

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, looking forward to your pics.

0A130DAF-1DC4-46CF-B2AF-D72A0A018DA8.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread