CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EQUINOX! I had a magazine with an ad for one outside today, the rays of the sun hit the ad and a 100 pound block of 24k gold fell right out of the sky in homage to the machine and landed 50' away!

On top of my car! Spppllaaattt!

What, I will not need my carrot stick any longer?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this thread. Jason in Enid, I really dug two seateds yesterday, and it wasn't with a Minelab! Oh the horror of it all!

In reality, one of my best finds was a pure gold English Guinea coin a 1774, about the size of a US quarter ON TOP OF the beach, right after Sandy. 1/4 ounce of the good stuff. Boy they used to know how to make coins back then.

So who needs a detector? Just use the photos in the ads.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who purchase one, if you don't dig a gold coin or silver coin cache within 4 hours, send it back as defective.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there a difference between the 600 and the 800 besides price and size?

There's a ton of info on here regarding that topic. Definitely looks to be well over $250.00 worth of features IMO

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Which did you buy Terry. 600 or 800?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I haven't t heard a lot about depth on this machine like Fisher Labs talks about in Ads.Some others also. Does it depend on the use of the multi frequency verses just using one or two? I guess success stories on the forum will tell the tail.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And truth1253, make sure you count the cost with the needed accessories and spare parts. And this applies to any machine ever made. Nothing like going on a digging adventure and leaving something at the house, or smashing it in the car door, or it breaking. I always take extra headphones, chargers, (cables or batteries, whichever applies), and an extra coil for each machine. Never been let down, but it does get expensive to do it right. And I do break stuff. I'm pretty good at that. Has to do with snaking a coil in a briar patch, then having to pull it back out, having the machine slide off the support tree and go whump! and break a wire, the occasional sudden downpour, falling into a stupid hole and working another cable free, broken cable on headphones (Note to self: it is better to CARRY the headphones securely when crossing a main road with traffic coming at you at 60 mph than to cross the road and have the headphones BOUNCE along behind you because you were trying not to get splattered by an oncoming truck,and did not STOP to pick them up). Delaware 1 along the ocean is a trip. That's what I'm referring to, and I only dropped and bounced them across the highway twice, FYI. Or maybe three or four times. But they only broke once! I love those Grey Ghosts! Now my Deus has no cables, so breaking it has not been easy to do. Only thing I broke all by myself was the charging clip, but I bought four to have on hand, so no biggie. I miss the broken cable days. Not really. Has the fun started? I almost never drink coffee. Can you tell I had a BIG coffee a couple hours ago?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And truth1253, make sure you count the cost with the needed accessories and spare parts. And this applies to any machine ever made. Nothing like going on a digging adventure and leaving something at the house, or smashing it in the car door, or it breaking. I always take extra headphones, chargers, (cables or batteries, whichever applies), and an extra coil for each machine. Never been let down, but it does get expensive to do it right. And I do break stuff. I'm pretty good at that. Has to do with snaking a coil in a briar patch, then having to pull it back out, having the machine slide off the support tree and go whump! and break a wire, the occasional sudden downpour, falling into a stupid hole and working another cable free, broken cable on headphones (Note to self: it is better to CARRY the headphones securely when crossing a main road with traffic coming at you at 60 mph than to cross the road and have the headphones BOUNCE along behind you because you were trying not to get splattered by an oncoming truck,and did not STOP to pick them up). Delaware 1 along the ocean is a trip. That's what I'm referring to, and I only dropped and bounced them across the highway twice, FYI. Or maybe three or four times. But they only broke once! I love those Grey Ghosts! Now my Deus has no cables, so breaking it has not been easy to do. Only thing I broke all by myself was the charging clip, but I bought four to have on hand, so no biggie. I miss the broken cable days. Not really. Has the fun started? I almost never drink coffee. Can you tell I had a BIG coffee a couple hours ago?

:Laughing: Smokey you’re something else and once again. I so torn between this Equinox and the Deus. The Deus has proven it self in more ways then one.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always a personal choice. The Deus extra coils are about $425.00 each. I like my hi def coil. One of the buttons I found today I think is a Virginia silvered button. Thought it was a button back, now I have to figure how to get the rust off without wrecking it.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's always a personal choice. The Deus extra coils are about $425.00 each. I like my hi def coil. One of the buttons I found today I think is a Virginia silvered button. Thought it was a button back, now I have to figure how to get the rust off without wrecking it.

Is the high def one the white one that looks like a small football shape?

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke to a friend back in NYC today. He has one on order and has a lot of information on the 800. Although he said that the real hold up in the release of these units is because Minelab wants to make sure that 99% of the kinks have been addressed and corrected. I think I'll wait a few months to see what kinds of problems these machines develop.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine would be tempting, but I already have too many machines to consider another. And as I stated once before, with any new machine, I want to see one in action before I purchase one. I'm not in that much of a hurry. Against the wind, 99% is inadequate in today's detector environment. There's way too much competition out there. One goof and it's a big issue. Just think of the damage to the reputation of some of the car makers out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread