Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: 6 weeks more of winter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    1702 times
    Metal Detecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180202_171820.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	1544954
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

ca
    Detect everyday like it's your last day!

Apr 2010
    Southern Ontario
    XP Deus 4.1 Lesche - Piranha 35 Shovel 'Garrett Carrot' AT - Pointer
    3598 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hey you just described me perfectly with this statement Jim... "over weight furry critter"!

I think we're all definitely feeling the mid-winter blues these days buddy... all except for this monkey of course.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161024_155723.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	1546672  
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
    “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
    ― John Wayne

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5284 times
    Prospecting
    My little buddy Scruff is a Winter hater..in fact, he starts hating it when
    the bugs (and Sun) start to disappear around mid-Sept. Late last August
    I reminded him that Winter was just around the corner...

....he was not pleased. Name:  catitude1small.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  105.2 KB

Up here in the far Northwest rain forest, our cold/wet season doesn't generally
    end until sometime in late June, and we generally consider July 4th as the start
    of Summer.

Starts raining in mid-Sept...then rain/snow most of the time until about April,
    then just rain til late June. Seeing the Sun is a rarity most weeks...but there are
    times it'll pop out for a bit here and there, but it sits low in the sky to the South.
    A day without sunshine is... just another day.

People up here don't get tans....we rust.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Jan 2017
    East of snowflake Arizona completely off grid
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    294 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    winter whats that we have had one snow storm here that dropped about 6 inches was gone in three days and I have been able to detect every day accept about 4 days while waiting for the snow to melt it has been in the mid 60s other then the four
    pepperj, dsdigger and Wrightdigger like this.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16300 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDigger View Post
    My little buddy Scruff is a Winter hater..in fact, he starts hating it when
    the bugs (and Sun) start to disappear around mid-Sept. Late last August
    I reminded him that Winter was just around the corner...

....he was not pleased. Name:  catitude1small.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  105.2 KB

Up here in the far Northwest rain forest, our cold/wet season doesn't generally
    end until sometime in late June, and we generally consider July 4th as the start
    of Summer.

Starts raining in mid-Sept...then rain/snow most of the time until about April,
    then just rain til late June. Seeing the Sun is a rarity most weeks...but there are
    times it'll pop out for a bit here and there, but it sits low in the sky to the South.
    A day without sunshine is... just another day.

People up here don't get tans....we rust.
    Oh the pleasure of living under a grey wet canopy of sky for 6 months a year.
    Lived in and around the lower mainland and it can be a downer when one feels like the body is rusting away.
    DizzyDigger and Wrightdigger like this.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16300 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by oldkoot View Post
    winter whats that we have had one snow storm here that dropped about 6 inches was gone in three days and I have been able to detect every day accept about 4 days while waiting for the snow to melt it has been in the mid 60s other then the four
    Ah lets have this conversation in about 4 months and see if you can take your 60 and double it for a high. Lived in Phoenix and Tucson and it got cool in the winter, but come may .
    Wrightdigger likes this.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2795 times
    This is February and this is Minnesota. We ALWAYS have (at least) six more weeks of winter.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2831 times
    More snow coming tomorrow in Connecticut.
    Wrightdigger and dsdigger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    SW Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    17592 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    Ohio too.

John 15:12-13

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Walleyes for Wounded Heroes

The mission of Walleyes for Wounded Heroes, Inc., (WWH) is to honor and empower military service members, police, fire, and emergency medical responders through outdoor activities, programs, and services. We serve Heroes injured while serving in the line of duty for their community/country. www.walleyesforwoundedheroes.com

us
    Jan 2017
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrightdigger View Post
    Ohio too.
    you know it was funny when my wife and I moved to Ohio from AZ at the end of 08 beginning of 09 my wife was born there and kept telling me how much snow they always got when she was growing up the four years we lived there it snowed vary little until we were packing up to move back to AZ and we got the worst snow storm I had ever been in you can keep it there I enjoy being able to detect year round.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    SW Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    17592 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    Quote Originally Posted by oldkoot View Post
    you know it was funny when my wife and I moved to Ohio from AZ at the end of 08 beginning of 09 my wife was born there and kept telling me how much snow they always got when she was growing up the four years we lived there it snowed vary little until we were packing up to move back to AZ and we got the worst snow storm I had ever been in you can keep it there I enjoy being able to detect year round.
    Ha ha ha! See there, a little bit of snow makes one appreciate warm weather. I used to love being cooped up in the house watching movies or working on crafts. Until this year, when I got that virus everyone on here has. I call it "detectoritis!"
    SusanMN, oldkoot and DizzyDigger like this.

John 15:12-13

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Walleyes for Wounded Heroes

The mission of Walleyes for Wounded Heroes, Inc., (WWH) is to honor and empower military service members, police, fire, and emergency medical responders through outdoor activities, programs, and services. We serve Heroes injured while serving in the line of duty for their community/country. www.walleyesforwoundedheroes.com

us
    Jan 2017
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    Ah lets have this conversation in about 4 months and see if you can take your 60 and double it for a high. Lived in Phoenix and Tucson and it got cool in the winter, but come may .
    well pepperj the area in which I live the hottest it has ever gotten since moving here is in the low 90s so I will still be able to detect just wear shorts Ha HA I was born and raised in AZ in the Gilbert AZ area so I do know what you mean about the temps but not that case here where I am located now LOL
    Wrightdigger and pepperj like this.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    6200 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Here at The Summit, I think our winter has really just started. Our snowpack is in a little better shape than the rest of the state, but we haven't seen those 30 and 40 below temps in quite a while. You really can't do much serious digging here any year til around the end of May, first of June. As Doc Holliday said, this part of the country is 9 months of winter, 3 months of late fall.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links