What is it questions

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I sit here recovering from Knee replacement, imagining all the places I want to hunt when able, I'm reading a ton of post asking simple questions. I will be the first to state that there are no stupid questions, just simple ones. What is this? is one of those questions. I jump at the opportunity to help a fellow member research an item of intrigue, the odder it is the more interesting it is, but to be ask for assistance with nothing to go on other than a picture reminds me of the old Wendy's commercials, Where' the BEEF? What is it ? without any location (because we cant see where the member is from,) nor is any given in the original question. Where was it found? field, creek, old house, table at a flee market, any of these would be a great help as well. I just seem that following one of these "what is it post", there are countless post asking general questions (offers to help) that could have been answered on the first post, leaving room for a more educated guess as to what an object might be. Now this is just my opinion but if you take time to find an item, clean it up, take a picture of it and post it, take just a few minuets more and add, where did you find it with a little detail. I'm looking forward to many more "What is it" to help pass the time until I can get out and find a WHAT IS IT myself.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear you. I try (keyword) to keep in mind that some are new to the hobby, new to the website, new to the forum and just don't have the hang of it yet. I know I'm guilty of it. I'm new at all of this myself.
I hope you get along of "what is it's" to occupy all of your downtime. Also hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

WD

download (1).jpeg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Recover soon my friend and good luck with rehab.:thumb_up:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hope you recovery quickly for the 2018 hunting season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread