Titan Metal detectors?????

R

robert roy

QUestions:
Frist, who makes Titan? Bounty Hunter?
Secondly,I have a friend interested in MDing but doesn't know what MD to get. I already told her about ACE 250 hands down. Great MD, but I know she wants to have more information about whats out there besides the ACe 250. SHe doesn't want to spend lots of money.

WHat do you suggest? She saw ads for Titan and I wonder about them as well. So far I have hear not so good things about the Titan 1000XD. Personally I hopes she decides on the Ace.

RR

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Robert......steer her clear of the Titan line..........they are nothing more than Bounty Hunter detectors in disguise, trust me, with the exception that you can get a Bounty Hunter Discovery really cheap on Ebay and elsewhere........take a look......

Discovery 1100=Titan 1000
Discovery 2200=Titan 2000
Discovery 3300=Titan 3000

Also look at the photos of each's control panel in online photos, radio shack, etc. They are the same, same button placement, except the faceplate colors and writing are different.

You can get a Discovery 1100 for $50 on Ebay. I sold mine to Mastereagle22's daugther for around $30. I also have a Discovery 2200 sitting in my house that I got for $75 on Craig's list.......you can get Bounty Hunters for cheap........or you can get ripped off big time by buying a Titan. I also have an ACE 250 and it is a monster of a machine for the price........I have an Explorer XS that I just got and I'm still hunting with my 250. Found a buffalo and rosie last week. You will not be failed by a 250.

PS The Discovery line is good in my opinion........just don't pay $400 for a titan 3000 when you can buy the same machine on Ebay, a Discovery 3300 for like $150. You get the point.

Best,
Ricardo

Attachments

• ForRoy.JPG
    ForRoy.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,004

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
For sure............Serious false readings.RD

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These none major brand detectors would be lucky to find a coin under a newspaper in my opinion. Truefully, they can locate coins in real dirt, but most of the units don't have good quality circuits or materials.

Have her research online for Whites, Garrett, Tesoro and Minelab. Look at Tony's website at www.tcmetaldetectors.com

OP
OP
R

robert roy

Thanks.
I found some more information about Titan. My god they really are junk arn't they!
I din't know Bounty Hunter made them for Kellyco.
I've steered my friend toward the Ace250 and to WHites metal detectors, primarily the Prizm III,IV and V. The M6 is a bit high priced. I feel comfortable in suggesting to my friend to think about Garretts or Whites, The ACE because of its quality and price, and Whites solely for the quality. The price seems to be about what other MDs are going for.

Thanks again.
Robert

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Don't feel too bad, I bought a Seben (for $250) before I knew what I was doing. On a good day, it will pick up my truck.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i must admit before the wife bought one for herself i didnt think much of them, and while i still think they are overpriced i have to say that the thing will go deeper then my minelab x70 , we have tested it with coins in the ground, and she can pinpoint almost right on about everytime, she likes it very much but me i'm just impressed with the depth

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Well, I have to say that I have had no problems with my Titan 2000. But I did buy it used, so I didn't pay the high price for it. I've used it for over a year and I've found coins up to 10" deep. I know 2 people with ACE 250's that aren't getting that deep. But hey, to each his own. I will say from experience that there is nothing that the ACE can find that the Titan can't. That's a fact. I am thinking of upgrading though in the near future. I'm ready to play with the big boys, but I'll keep the Titan as a good back up.

:) Ima

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread