Next Detector?

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
How into having to set and understand every adjustment for maximum results vs turn on and go are you?

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Bounty hunter time ranger it comes with a 3 inch sniper coil that discriminates out nails, pull tabs, and cans it has a depth of 10 inches a battery gauge to tell when to replace the batteries

OP
OP
J

Jpwheelin07

Greenie
Feb 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok am more of a turn and go with a few small adjustments kinda guy. I don't want a bounty hunter. I have had an ace 350 and 705 sierra. Now with a treasure pro.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If used isn't an option, sell the Treasure Pro, come up with a little more cash and get a Safari. Most capable turn on and go detector I can think of. Otherwise wait for everyone to suggest waiting for the Equinox even though they haven't ever seen one. Lots of options in $650 range really, just have to go through the agony we all did to decide. Enjoy!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save your money and wait on the release of the Equinox. Although I don't really need another detector, I'm leaning towards getting an Equinox.
Good luck with your decision.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Outlaw 3-coil package

Garrett AT Pro

Minelab Equinox 600

:skullflag:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just what I was waiting on someone to tell him. At the $650 price and the most up to date features why not take the leap? It's not like he can' t sell the 600 if he doesn't like it.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your in no rush, wait to see some feedback on the EQ 600. $650 new out of the box, may be all you'll ever need. It is waterproof, but there are rain storms at the most inopportune times, and sometimes you just want to go knee deep in a creek or something, and IF you slip and fall, you didn't just "fry" your detector. Just one thought of many.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My pics are the F75+ or the Equinox 600.......but I'd wait for some reviews from people on the forum for that first. Looks like a wonderful value but you never know until they're in the hands of real world users.

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If used isn't an option, sell the Treasure Pro, come up with a little more cash and get a Safari. Most capable turn on and go detector I can think of. Otherwise wait for everyone to suggest waiting for the Equinox even though they haven't ever seen one. Lots of options in $650 range really, just have to go through the agony we all did to decide. Enjoy!

I was going to say the same thing about the Equinox.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT pro easy all around machine water proof great target ID and separation, You don't have to program and spend half your hunt adjusting..

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say I agree with Wind on the Equinox 800 when it comes out. Saw it run some tests in heavy iron and it looked pretty awesome. Kelly Co. Is taking orders now so it should be coming soon. It is in that price range you are seeking I believe and doesn't appear to be overly comolicated. They are also releasing the equinox 600 which should be even more of a turn on and go machine at a even cheaper price. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread