Recovery speeds

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all. Look fella's, I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but it's about recovery speeds on detectors. On some detectors it's a done deal, you get what you get, no adjustments, others, you are given different speeds to choose from. I kind of get slow and fast, but if you can choose say eight, like on the EQ 800, when and why is my question. Would you NOT always want the fastest speed?, and why under what conditions would you "slow" it down? Eight different settings? I'm not at all clear on this, and I like to think that I am not the ONLY one, but then again.........

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I understand the "quicker" you set up the adjustable machines the less depth you will typically get.

Slow it down and gain depth but usually the sweep speed also has to be decreased.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is how I see it (might be wrong). The metal detector has a finite amount of power, if you want to speed up the recovery speed, it takes a little more power which will take away from the depth and vice versa.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was kind of thinking the same thing, also the "fastest" speed with a smaller coil in trashy places. A "slower" speed in a clean area might give a better reading perhaps number wise? A slower sweep speed I understand from using a Safari, but I do that on any machine anyway. But from eight to choose from, again I don't know.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was kind of thinking the same thing, also the "fastest" speed with a smaller coil in trashy places. A "slower" speed in a clean area might give a better reading perhaps number wise? A slower sweep speed I understand from using a Safari, but I do that on any machine anyway. But from eight to choose from, again I don't know.

I think a test garden would be great for these kinds of real world scenarios. Skies the limit on what you could replicate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread