Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Vest for metal detecting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Never outgrew playin' in the dirt!

Aug 2016
    SC Lowcountry
    XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
    324 times
    Relic Hunting
    Not pushing the photographers vest by any means, just wanted to add this. Just so everyone knows the variety of styles offered, most come with a large pocket on the back just like a game pouch on hunting vests. They're also have styles with vented backs or solid. These are what, IMHO, makes them most appealing to our hobby. They cover many of the desirable features that everyone has pointed out with the other various types of vests.

Do an Ebay search for them and then compare them by running similar searches for hunting vests, shooting vests and fishing vests. Kinda like window shopping to help figure out what appeals the most. Be aware that many of the really inexpensive vests (no matter which style) are usually very thin and cheap Chinese made vests. Look for name brands that are used but are in very good shape and offered at a good price (again, no matter which style chosen).
    USMC Reaper and sprailroad like this.
    “There are no great men, there are only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet.”

― ADM William F. Halsey

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    13941 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Year's ago I used a photographer's vest. Lots of pockets but it gets hot in the Summer. Today, I go with a military web belt, pouches, and holsters for my pinpointer and lesche.
    USMC Reaper and Palmetto Pony like this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    May 2015
    North Georgia
    MineLab CTX 3030
    538 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
    Considering some of the areas i detect, i don't think any of the above mentioned vest would do. I may need to look at a bullet proof vest!

Well there is pocket or two for those types of hunting also. The good thing is that souls don’t weigh much when you dig em out and take em.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (Callsign: Chaos), United States Marine Corps (Retired)

Semper Fidelis !!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Sorry Honey, I can’t. I’ve got plans with my metal detector.

Nov 2013
    Ft. Myers FL
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, the Bounty Hunter and Deteknix Quest Pro are collecting dust.
    11171 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I’ve got a fly fishing vest that I use on cold days, like in the 50’s.....
    It’s got 27 pockets, and also a foam rubber thingy that I think was to put fish hooks on, but I threw it away.
    Each time my cell phone rings, I miss the call, cuz I can’t find the phone, the pockets have pockets, I know it’s in there, but I can’t find it fast enough.
    And this one time, my propointer 9 volt battery died, and it was a half hour before I could locate my spare battery....
    Oh, and if I need a smoke, panic sets in when I forget which pocket the lighter is in.
    I invite you to visit my profile, look what I've found!

us
    Jun 2016
    western ky
    Garrett 350, AT Pro AT Pro Garrett Carrot Pin pointer
    78 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks everyone for the help! Never thought about some of the items ya'll mentioned. Old Western KY Digger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links