Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Vest for metal detecting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2016
    western ky
    Garrett 350, AT Pro AT Pro Garrett Carrot Pin pointer
    78 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Vest for metal detecting

I am trying to find the best type of vest to use detecting. I have one new hip and one old(maybe getting new one before long) carrying a pouch that straps
    around my waist and by the end of the day hips are hurting bad. Can you help me out on trying to selecting one? I hope you can provide some pictures if possible.

Thank you Ole Western KY Digger
    devldog likes this.

ca
    Feb 2017
    Ontario
    CTX 3030 (April 2017) AT Pro Garrett Carrot Pro Pointer Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6 Stealth 720i (BNIB) Home made beach scoop
    821 times
    I've seen loads of good metal detecting vests, but don't use one.

Try looking on Google for metal detecting vests or even fishing vests, there are loads of good options.

Minelab even makes one (or at least they did), but it all depends on how big you want it and how much stuff you want to carry?
    KyKatt, Loco-Digger and devldog like this.
    Treasure is where you find it, trash is where they left it.

John

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    3437 times
    x2 on fly fishing vest, seen some people using these
    KyKatt, Loco-Digger and devldog like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Joe

Nov 2014
    VA
    Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
    6758 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have the Relic Elite pouch and really like it. It is very durable and well-made. I also have a couple hunting vest that I like.
    I tend to switch back and forth some just to do something different. If I'm going to have to walk very far to hunt, I like the vest better.
    Since I'm a carpenter by trade, I sometimes get tired of the pouch. It reminds me too much of my tool belt.
    Go to your local sporting goods store and there are many different kinds of hunting and fishing vest to pick from. I like ones with big pockets.
    devldog, KyKatt and sprailroad like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    15043 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I picked up a multi-pocket fishing vest about a year ago.

I confess, it's still brand new.
    devldog likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Feb 2015
    Virginia
    Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
    746 times
    I sometimes use a Dove hunting vest if I have to do a lot of walking. I think I paid about $15 at Walmart. My pin pointer and Lesche hand tool fit in the back pouches fine and there are several small pouches for my finds..
    KyKatt and sprailroad like this.

us
    OzarksDetector.com

Sep 2013
    USA
    CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
    440 times
    Metal Detecting
    I recently grabbed one of these vests, works good so far http://amzn.to/2C6FSDk
    Geobound and KyKatt like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Never outgrew playin' in the dirt!

Aug 2016
    SC Lowcountry
    XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
    332 times
    Relic Hunting
    I was looking for a vest as an option to use over my pouch and like others I also concentrated on fishing vests. That was before I discovered photographers vests. Many, many pocket configurations and levels of quality available. For a equal level of quality in materials used they also seem to run a little less expensive than same quality level in fishing vests.
    sprailroad likes this.
    ďThere are no great men, there are only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet.Ē

― ADM William F. Halsey

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2129 times
    I do use a vest now 75% of the time. It has really come in handy. One that I have is a concealed weapons vest, it's a little heavy, and at first it almost felt like I was putting on a "flack vest", but in some "so-so" area's, I feel better about it. I looked at fishing vest, and it felt like I was wearing a "halter top"? Palmetto had a good thought about a photographers vest? Could work. Relic nut and lookingharder's comment about a "hunting vest" might be the ticket. And has got me to thinking about them again. At first I dismissed them only because I did not need a large back pocket that you might stuff a dove or pheasant or something in, but now, when tromping around out in the woods or fields to far from the car, what a great place for a different size coil when you wish you had one. Good thoughts all. For an added bonus, wearing one can also hide a "muffin top".

Charter Member
    us
    Joe

Nov 2014
    VA
    Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
    6758 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprailroad View Post
    I do use a vest now 75% of the time. It has really come in handy. One that I have is a concealed weapons vest, it's a little heavy, and at first it almost felt like I was putting on a "flack vest", but in some "so-so" area's, I feel better about it. I looked at fishing vest, and it felt like I was wearing a "halter top"? Palmetto had a good thought about a photographers vest? Could work. Relic nut and lookingharder's comment about a "hunting vest" might be the ticket. And has got me to thinking about them again. At first I dismissed them only because I did not need a large back pocket that you might stuff a dove or pheasant or something in, but now, when tromping around out in the woods or fields to far from the car, what a great place for a different size coil when you wish you had one. Good thoughts all. For an added bonus, wearing one can also hide a "muffin top".
    I have one that the large game compartment on the back zips off. This one is also made of mostly netted material which makes it much cooler in the summertime.

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by relic nut View Post
    I have one that the large game compartment on the back zips off. This one is also made of mostly netted material which makes it much cooler in the summertime.
    You have got me wanting to look at them again, Thanks for the input Relic. I view it as another part of detecting gear.
    relic nut likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2015
    North Georgia
    MineLab CTX 3030
    656 times
    Metal Detecting
    I use a tactical vest
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (Callsign: Chaos), United States Marine Corps (Retired)

Semper Fidelis !!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    3437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Reaper View Post
    I use a tactical vest
    Somehow that doesn't surprise me given your apparent past, I myself never even thought of using one. good idea
    USMC Reaper and sprailroad like this.

Nov 2012
    664 times
    Katt, you might consider the skeet vests that have the shot gun shell pouches in the front that are mesh and the back of the vests are mesh also so it can be worn during the warm weather. The mesh pockets allow the fine dirt to fall out of pockets so at the end of a hunt you have just finds in your pouch and not a lot of dirt. I am pleased with mine. those shell pouches hang a bit low which makes it very convenient to use.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    2644 times
    Considering some of the areas i detect, i don't think any of the above mentioned vest would do. I may need to look at a bullet proof vest!
    USMC Reaper and sprailroad like this.
    Dig till you drop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links