Anybody familiar with the Minelab Go-Find series detectors?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1021170937.jpg 1021170938.jpg 1021171102.jpg 1021170935.jpg Bought my 8 year old grandson one for Christmas a year ago............He loves it. His favorite saying is "This thing really does Go Find" Well worth the $$$$$ 1021171101.jpg 1021170937.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be a disaster to get him an AT pro for one reason. The balance on the machine is horrendous. I can't imagine any child being able to swing that machine for any reasonable amount of time without sustaining some sort of real damage to the elbow or shoulder.

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son has been detecting since he was 4, he's 10 now... I got him a gofind when he was 8... he used it abt 10-15 minutes and said dad I want to dig coins in the 80s... he's used my AT PRO since that day.

If I am being honest a gofind is nothing more than a toy, beep and dig, and reason my son hated it was because everything sounded the same to him and he wanted to fnd coins.

To each his own, but I was thankful I got the gofind free when I bought my 3030 otherwise I would have been seriously disappointed for the price to ability ratio

Your mileage may vary, but we sold the gofind after 1 , 20 minute hunt LOL

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
My son has been detecting since he was 4, he's 10 now... I got him a gofind when he was 8... he used it abt 10-15 minutes and said dad I want to dig coins in the 80s... he's used my AT PRO since that day.

If I am being honest a gofind is nothing more than a toy, beep and dig, and reason my son hated it was because everything sounded the same to him and he wanted to fnd coins.

To each his own, but I was thankful I got the gofind free when I bought my 3030 otherwise I would have been seriously disappointed for the price to ability ratio

Your mileage may vary, but we sold the gofind after 1 , 20 minute hunt LOL

Thanks for the reply .. There are three lines of the GoFind .. I wonder if the same would hold true for all three detectors? I was looking at the mid-line. Since this isn't my own kid, I really don't want to spend the $$$ for a Pro.

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the reply .. There are three lines of the GoFind .. I wonder if the same would hold true for all three detectors? I was looking at the mid-line. Since this isn't my own kid, I really don't want to spend the $$$ for a Pro.

You can go to hobbylobbys website, search out the bounty hunter tracker 4, you get an automatic 40% off discount, which will make your purchase right around $90

Then, lay iron, foil, nails, tabs on the ground, wave the coil over those targets as you turn the discrimination knob up, until those targets go silent... then she will be in a modified "coins" mode...sure she'll dig some brass, can slaw, and copper here and there, but most of the junk will be disc'd out with that set up.

The minelab 305 has a shortened shaft that you can get for it. I am positive minelab dealers can set you up with the proper shaft/ detector combo, probably for not much if any extra.

The only reason I mentioned the at pro is because I have one, and my son knew that quarters and dimes are "80's" numbers, so I naturally let him borrow it.

Having said that about the shorter shaft available, most detectors can be shortened enough for kids or small adults to use.

If weight is an issue of the tracker 4, you could always hip mount the control box....

Other detectors I would suggest: Fisher F22, Used Fisher F2, maybe a Tesoro compadre... all light-weight detectors a kid could swing....

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it would be a disaster to get him an AT pro for one reason. The balance on the machine is horrendous. I can't imagine any child being able to swing that machine for any reasonable amount of time without sustaining some sort of real damage to the elbow or shoulder.

I have the 5x8 coil on it for him......He does fine. His attention span does not allow for very long hunts!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you compared the two performance wise?

No, but it does not even come close to the AT Pro I used this AT pro for a few years. Go Find is a good childs detector to start out with.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a Minelab Go-find 60 just for fun (keep in car) and let kids use it for playground areas...works great.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Tesoro Cibola. He can use it for years and it's very light weight. I still use mine. Not too expensive. Better warranty than Minelab.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have two go-find 40’s for my kids. They’re light and fun, and actually can find stuff. I did try one myself and it was actually pretty decent.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
After many hours of deliberation, and careful review of all evidence presented to the jury, the verdict is finally in .. I am guilty of buying a "Go-Find 60" for the youngster. Thank you all for your thoughts and input.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After many hours of deliberation, and careful review of all evidence presented to the jury, the verdict is finally in .. I am guilty of buying a "Go-Find 60" for the youngster. Thank you all for your thoughts and input.

I do not realy think you will be disapointed......HH

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 60 was a good choice, and I agree that you won't be disappointed.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 60 is a GREAT choice. I have one i carry when i go horse back riding to area that might contain a cellar hole or old foundation. Easy to set up and use and pretty accruate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread