very rare coin

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is a reproduction of a coin that was made in honor of one Penelope Stout. The originals were minted in the 1700's, but I've yet to see one. The story of Penelope can be found through internet searches. It is an interesting story of how she survived being attacked by Indians, and left for dead, then being nursed back to health by Indians. I like thousands of others can trace their ancestry back to her. happy hunting

Attachments

• Scan_20180213 (2).png
    Scan_20180213 (2).png
    241.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Scan_20180213.png
    Scan_20180213.png
    246 KB · Views: 69

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That appears to be a modern-looking medal. I tried to dig up some kind of info on a coin minted in the 1700's, but was unsuccessful. Do know of any internet links to the original mint or any other info?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That appears to be a modern-looking medal. I tried to dig up some kind of info on a coin minted in the 1700's, but was unsuccessful. Do know of any internet links to the original mint or any other info?

I'm in my 60's and still love the Zep.ie Stairway.:headbang:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It's a modern commemorative medal. The artist is Don De Lue.
Its history is in this article:
IThe medallion was commissioned by the curator of the Shoal Harbor Marine Museum Gertrude Neidlinger, a neighbor and friend of DeLue. There was a companion medal commemorating the whale boat attack on the British prison ships. The two were made as fund-raisers http://medallicartcollector.com/don-de-lue_medals.html
Don....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread