Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had so many fights with my ex and my current wife over these bs holidays. If my everyday actions don't say i love you then a Hallmark Holiday card one day a year won't help. And if my attitude about these retail ploys are grounds for divorce, then so be it and let the truly shallow person be exposed.

I rest my case,, lol

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Celebrate the day of at home making sweet passionate uninhibited jungle wild .... um.... margaritas... and

And then go out to buy everything...

the following day...

half off.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say the phenomenon you witnessed is caused more by guilt than love.

That is also why convenience stores sell those little bouquets of fresh flowers year round.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had so many fights with my ex and my current wife over these bs holidays. If my everyday actions don't say i love you then a Hallmark Holiday card one day a year won't help. And if my attitude about these retail ploys are grounds for divorce, then so be it and let the truly shallow person be exposed.

I've had contractors book off early so they could do the do and get the $60 for a dozen roses, the box of candy all to make her happy.

his means big business for florists who sell and deliver flowers. In 2010, an estimated 198 million roses were produced for the Valentine's Day holiday, according to the Society of American Florists. Men purchase about 75 percent of the 110 million rosessold in the U.S. at this time every year.Jan 25, 2016

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Americans Will Spend $18.9 Billion on Valentine's Day[/h][/FONT]
[h=2]$1.7 billion will be spent on candy alone.[/h]
If numbers don't say it all then I don't know. But I still stand by the commercial scam of it all.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
We don't celebrate the day but the 15th we get candy and flowers a lot cheaper so we can celebrate our anniversary the 16th.
56 years.:thumbsup:
Marvin

Congratulations GA Boy.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Today is National Beer Day. Don’t forget to celebrate. Off to get a six pack.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh what... don't like my post ... eh heh...

Cant look like your friend in front of others.... :P

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had contractors book off early so they could do the do and get the $60 for a dozen roses, the box of candy all to make her happy.

his means big business for florists who sell and deliver flowers. In 2010, an estimated 198 million roses were produced for the Valentine's Day holiday, according to the Society of American Florists. Men purchase about 75 percent of the 110 million rosessold in the U.S. at this time every year.Jan 25, 2016

[FONT="][h=1]Americans Will Spend $18.9 Billion on Valentine's Day[/h][/FONT]

[h=2]$1.7 billion will be spent on candy alone.[/h]
If numbers don't say it all then I don't know. But I still stand by the commercial scam of it all.

I say: "anyone want to open a florist shop with me? " Can also sell chocolate. Gimme a piece of the Billions. All the suckers can keep on coming.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
In our house, every day is a blessing yet I still went out and bought the wife of 29 years a dozen roses and a card. It's the least I can do since she is a MD widow on almost every weekend when the ground is not frozen.

I'd much rather get her those items than have to fork out some heavy cash for more bling that will eventually land in her jewelry box. She does get 1st pick of the bling I dig and has only wanted one of my finds so far.

As a couple we purchase the needs before the wants and we are both rather frugal, so dropping $22 on her this Valentine's day was not too much.

To make it a good evening we steamed a couple pounds of shrimp with old bay seasoning and some home made steak fries and then invited the neighbors over for a couple hours.
===========================
When we first got married, my wife felt the same. Maybe because money was harder to come by. Then she got to the point that she got upset when I bought 3+ dozens of Roses. She said "they just die". So I started buying her big boxes of chocolate, for which she said she could not eat because they made her gain weight. So then came the bling, but she just started throwing it in her jewelry box with everything else and they never again see the light of day. But she doesn't complain so I guess I shouldn't either. Way I see it is, no matter what it is, if it is from the heart then they should be happy and accept it as such. :dontknow:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
===========================
When we first got married, my wife felt the same. Maybe because money was harder to come by. Then she got to the point that she got upset when I bought 3+ dozens of Roses. She said "they just die". So I started buying her big boxes of chocolate, for which she said she could not eat because they made her gain weight. So then came the bling, but she just started throwing it in her jewelry box with everything else and they never again see the light of day. But she doesn't complain so I guess I shouldn't either. Way I see it is, no matter what it is, if it is from the heart then they should be happy and accept it as such. :dontknow:

Many have been down the same road as what you describe. A living plant sometimes is a change, they don't die in a few days.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's really sad how the world has changed just in the last 10 years. No home life, no sit down meals together and no prayer together. Sentencing has gotten to light on thugs. But on the other subject, my wife and I had a great Valentine's day.:thumb_up:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
It's really sad how the world has changed just in the last 10 years. No home life, no sit down meals together and no prayer together. Sentencing has gotten to light on thugs. But on the other subject, my wife and I had a great Valentine's day.:thumb_up:

The only people getting lite sentences are white collar criminals. You can steal multimillions and get a slap on the wrist.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife said nearly 30 yrs ago not to waste money on over priced flowers.
I can honestly say those were the sweetest words that a man could hear, and I always do what I'm told. :laughing7:

Boom!...u said it pepperj...my wife would throttle me if I spent $70 on some roses that will die in 3 days. ..if you want to make your woman emotional..send he a small bouquet at RANDOM...she will be surprised and boy o boy...the other girls will be JEEE--LLEEE. She's a hard working girl and a simple foot rub turns her to mush lol..Ddf

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boom!...u said it pepperj...my wife would throttle me if I spent $70 on some roses that will die in 3 days. ..if you want to make your woman emotional..send he a small bouquet at RANDOM...she will be surprised and boy o boy...the other girls will be JEEE--LLEEE. She's a hard working girl and a simple foot rub turns her to mush lol..Ddf

Works ever time.:hello2:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always up long before mama and I dang near forgot it was Valentine's Day. So before the sun came up I headed to the grocery store. Got rose, card and some peanut butter flavor ice cream. I set the card and rose by the coffee pot with a note in the card saying, "there's even more love in the freezer". Hardly anyone around that time in the morning and it all went down without a hitch. Here's the rose I picked out.

Attachments

• rose 1.jpg
    rose 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife and I have both become experts at hallway fornication. :thumbsup:
Whenever we walk past each other, she say's F'you and I respond with F'you too! :laughing9:

Nice to hear you're such a romantic buddy, see you on Friday. :laughing7:

Dave

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife and I have both become experts at hallway fornication. :thumbsup:
Whenever we walk past each other, she say's F'you and I respond with F'you too! :laughing9:

Nice to hear you're such a romantic buddy, see you on Friday. :laughing7:

Dave

I think your more the romantic there Buddy where your out doing the do at the florist shop, the heart shaped box of candy is a given. Hallmark cards is your go to GPS icon on the nav.system. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread