pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was in the city today and by 3pm it was worse than any Xmas Eve. A total mad house, cars parked right in the entrances of parking lots, lots jammed full.
What for? Cheap chocolates, and flowers.

Both women and men with crazed looks in their eyes, tempers flared up standing in long lines to pay.

Geez all I wanted was some grub, I don't buy into this day not even 1%. If I can't show my loving and caring the other 364 days of the year this one day isn't going to cut it.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I would say the phenomenon you witnessed is caused more by guilt than love.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would say the phenomenon you witnessed is caused more by guilt than love.

Wife said nearly 30 yrs ago not to waste money on over priced flowers.
I can honestly say those were the sweetest words that a man could hear, and I always do what I'm told. :laughing7:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
four years ago i worked at a flower shop and now iam so happy iam not. :headbang:

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife said nearly 30 yrs ago not to waste money on over priced flowers.
I can honestly say those were the sweetest words that a man could hear, and I always do what I'm told. :laughing7:

33 for me and my wife says the same thing. I always do what I'm told too, but IM THE MAN and always get the last word!!!!!! Yes ma'am

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
45 for me, but often my wife says one thing when she actually means the opposite. :dontknow:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just get your significant Other a pin pointer! TO go with the MD you bought her for Xmas :)

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
32 for me. She says "Let's go for a drink before we have dinner with the kids at home". I say "OK". I think "That's whacked. It's Valentine's Day. Packed and over priced". We go, have drinks, and 2 appys, and the bill comes. She says" This is such a rip off on Valentine's Day". I smile and say nothing (why would I?) $108 out the door.

I'll repeat the scenario in 364 days....

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to zombie land where holidays aren't holidays anymore,just a bunch of commercialized B.S.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't celebrate the day but the 15th we get candy and flowers a lot cheaper so we can celebrate our anniversary the 16th.
56 years.:thumbsup:
Marvin

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to zombie land where holidays aren't holidays anymore,just a bunch of commercialized B.S.

We celebrate the little wins we get in life, that seems to do it for us. After a while how much stuff do we really need-just more stuff.
Don't get me wrong there's always the wish list tucked away.

But sometimes its like a friend said one time " Sometimes we just have to take a little bit of money off the table."

But not for these hyped up events.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

Been married since 1984 we exchange cards and just have a nice meal at home and forget all the hype.

Regards + HH

Bill

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
we had plans to stay in ft. laud. to take a break from IRMA ... then the shooting ,well just checked out and drove south....back home ....a guy cant get a break I tell ya....it is sad 17 killed....

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
we had plans to stay in ft. laud. to take a break from IRMA ... then the shooting ,well just checked out and drove south....back home ....a guy cant get a break I tell ya....it is sad 17 killed....

Very troubling events and the 13th this year alone. Wonder where the love and compassion has really gone when it starts so young.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its sad but until parents wake up nothing will change. If you don't want security then its a soft target. Shame on those parents and that school.
Everyone acts so shocked when it happens. Wake up people!

Rip to the 17.

These things are great for furthering the anti second agenda. Don't expect any real changes.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In our house, every day is a blessing yet I still went out and bought the wife of 29 years a dozen roses and a card. It's the least I can do since she is a MD widow on almost every weekend when the ground is not frozen.

I'd much rather get her those items than have to fork out some heavy cash for more bling that will eventually land in her jewelry box. She does get 1st pick of the bling I dig and has only wanted one of my finds so far.

As a couple we purchase the needs before the wants and we are both rather frugal, so dropping $22 on her this Valentine's day was not too much.

To make it a good evening we steamed a couple pounds of shrimp with old bay seasoning and some home made steak fries and then invited the neighbors over for a couple hours.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been divorced since 1985.
That's 33 years of freedom and bliss.
Yep, think I'll go get myself some chocolate.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I killed it this year for valentines. Sent my wife a text that said “Happy Valentines Day! A song for you.” She texted me back saying to was the best valentine surprise ever. Had her smiling from ear to ear. (Incase anyone wants to borrow the idea for next year. Just choses a song that seems right.)

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had so many fights with my ex and my current wife over these bs holidays. If my everyday actions don't say i love you then a Hallmark Holiday card one day a year won't help. And if my attitude about these retail ploys are grounds for divorce, then so be it and let the truly shallow person be exposed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread