Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wading through deer doodie yesterday, not a too brushy area, but was surely on the lookout for ticks. Didn't find any.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in southern Virginia, we had mosquito's on and off almost all winter long. Never stayed cold enough to kill them off.

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I'm in Mass and was enjoying some hunting on the warmer days over the last few weeks and saw them crawling on me. Hate those little buggers.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug Tuesday, yesterday, today (epic! will post later after the cleanup and nap) tomorrow and Sunday even if it snows. THAT's how it's done! Yesterday we were in a deer infested area and all I could think of was ticks! I had to scrub everything down due to the deer doodie. I hate ticks. Gnats are buzzing here today, haven't seen anything else.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in central mass detecting yesterday and went straight to work after. When i got home about 10:30pm, i headed for the shower and found a small deer tick on my chest. He was latched on and i took him off woth some acetone and tweezers.

Be on the alert fellow diggers. This unseasonably warm winter is sending the critters out early.

Unseasonably warm winter??
Thanks for the warning but the ground is still frozen up in the Pennsylvania Wilds.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why are all the good signals directly under piles of deer doody???

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
fire ants have become super active here, they are out in huge balls as they rebuild their flattened mounds. I wasn't paying attention and finally realized what they were. Already got about twenty bites or stings from them. Ticks are a constant thing in the south, we just get a short reprieve sometimes in the winter. Gotta be on the lookout for them all the time.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Against the wind, we have had two tiny snows, maybe three, two annoying ice storms and come tomorrow night 1-3 inches of snow. A few weeks ago a few Tnetters and I went to my southern PA site and actually got through the ground with picks! Yes, it was frozen and I am hardheaded.

I range 200 miles in most directions detecting and except for those few days the first of the year, have been out at least twice a week. And its been epic!

BLK hole, I wish that was true, but all I got was an 18th century huge hinge yesterday, a huge spike, part of an 18th century pewter spoon bowl and a broken tombac button. For the 3 hour drive, not so good.

Now today, was a different story. How do you spell e-p-i-c? And fortunately NO deer doodie. Will post as soon as blood pressure goes down some.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the heads up! :icon_thumleft:

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unseasonably warm winter??
Thanks for the warning but the ground is still frozen up in the Pennsylvania Wilds.

here in western pa one has a 1000% higher chance of getting a tick on them on a mild day in January then on any day in July, I can scout for ginseng all summer long and only see 1 or two ticks, comes October the population explodes. My rule of thumb is , if there is green vegetation out the chances of encountering a tick is much less. The exact opposite the media like to have us believe, but that's just in my neck of the woods here possibly?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread