Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods, this is a real live person who just happens to not get it, trespasses and litters. We don't know his name but have seen him before, just to clarify things.

A2 coins, we like, um, dig there.....not putting any metals into the ground.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a friend in Montana that kept getting his firewood stolen. He's a real easy going guy....until he can't keep his family warm cause of no heat from the woodstove. After several signs posted explaining this attached to the wood pile he had no option but to hollow out a couple of logs and inserting a quarter stick of dynamite stuck them at the top of the pile. Yep, they vanished but so did the disappearance of any more wood.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No dynamite. It says in the good book, I'll paraphrase - what goes around, comes around, hard. Or as the ancient country western sons says "God'll getcha for that". Fortunately, it's not my job and these days especially confronting anyone you don't know can be hazardous to your health. He probably won't be coming back anyhow due to the gift of the cents!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same thing happen Smokey. Two spots, visable from busy road, not my property, but I am sure I have been seen hundreds of times by passerbys over the last couple years I have been hunting these 1876 home sites. Then one day holes not filled.........ciggeratte butts all over. Funny thing is I know there are not nearly as many good targets left there, as all the holes they dug..........can you say nails:laughing7:......10 or 15 un-filled holes in a 20 foot circle:BangHead:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 can play that game...

Good thing pennies are 100 for a dollar... perhaps 10 dollars worth dropped after each dig you do in a new area should suffice.

Could get a little more creative and cut up some thin copper... take a marker and write the word "DIRTBAG" on it and toss that around... ONLY wipe off where the word is real "light" ...
in other words... barely visible... so he has to realllllly squint OR takes home to later ID it...

Hell might even end up on the "what is it forum". lol

Now that would be something funny.

I would be sure to help on his ID :)

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you really need to prove who it is, you may want to consider a game camera.
Don't forget to put up a few "NO SMOKING" signs.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were there today. The troll is probably not very rich, only 7 cents were found all told. BTW they were not Zincolns, but the older copper ones.

I got an old razor, several modern bullets, a newish nickel, one ancient buck shot and two pieces of small camp lead. My buddy got two buttons and one buck shot. A third detectorist met us, he didn't get much either. We did save the known universe from aluminum!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He's probably running for a seat in the senate. If you see him again maybe yhall' could get him running a little sooner.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In our state, you are probably correct.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the troll probably won't return and we're going to be looking for new sites anyway this year.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap. I'm available. We have some mighty deep fishing holes here in Virginia.

Not good enough, will still be found....how about my glass furnace?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions