Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately the troll is toothless and brainless. One of my digging buddies has a nice permission not all that far away. It's primarily a colonial site. Last fall, we're digging (with permission) and a guy stops in his truck and walks over. He told us about how he had dug a LOT of Spanish 8 reales from the spot some years ago, blah blah blah. We all know the big 8's are common as popcorn at a theater, right? Well, not right.

Anyway, a few weeks ago my partner found some dig holes he did not dig, he goes there more than I do. And many were not filled and on top of that there are cigarette butts everywhere. We figured the guy decided to come back and see how many more 8 reales he could find.

Apparently, not as many as usual. Now we have dug colonial coppers, buckles, musket balls, one Spanish reale, three maravedis, one almost 500 years old and the go-withs you would expect from such a place.

When my buddy went back a few days ago he got a great copper sounding signal! A brand new Zincoln! Then another. Then another. Apparently our troll decided we should have some Zincolns for our collection and merrily scattered a bunch across the field.

How droll for a troll.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best protection for a site is to take a photo of the vehicle and the person, if they ask why? The landowner always like knowing who I chat with, so lets leave it at that.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A Tnet hunter wouldn't do that. He'll get his due one day.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the landowner know the jerk is hunting on his land without his consent as he may think the guy is associated with you? Landowner sees him again and he calls the police or shoots, problem solved.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the part I dislike the most is the trash left and unfilled holes, not that he did some digging. There are some coyote traps set on the property (not ours), maybe he'll step in one. But I really would not want that to happen. Some people are just idiots.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I try to instill in my kids is that stupid people are everywhere. Learn to spot them and avoid them at all costs.
What an absolute effin IDIOT! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY??????.............would you NOT fill the hole?? Is it out of SPITE toward the property and that the guy is only finding junk? He wants to eff it up so the landowner thinks YOU are doing this?? That SOB would get my shovel upside his effin HEAD if I saw him again. NO WAY!!! STEP ON HIS THROAT!!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
let the land owner know about the trespasser, and help landowner
with some no trespass signs

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is a day late and a dollar short, as my mom would have said. We have retrieved so much stuff from this site, not valuable stuff, but nice relics, well, you are all correct. But he's too late. There is a right way and a wrong way. My partner and I dug a HUGE hole today elsewhere. Please see the other post of tonight to find out how real detectorists take care of their holes when done.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap. I'm available. We have some mighty deep fishing holes here in Virginia.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too bad he's NOT on TNet, actually. I've never had the chance to meet an honest-to-goodness eunuch up close! 😱

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. You guys are having too much fun with this. Unfortunately what I said is 100% true. Trolls. Arrgghh! When I run into the cigs, I'll probably throw a little dirt on them and bury them. I don't want to "touch" them or I might catch something horrible.

I really don't mind if someone else digs there, assuming they get permission and follow the rules of course, we don't own the property, but the trespassing, littering, lazy kind, I have no use for. And you never know who it is or if they visit this site.

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know 100% it was the guy that stopped while we were hunting the first cellar site. The guy talking about all the 8 reales found back in the caveman days, he drove a Bronco. Picking my kid up from school I drive past the site everyday and I spotted the Bronco at the same site he saws us at about 2 weeks ago. I was in no way approaching him with my child in the car so I came back 2 days later to investigate 2 giant fields. He had been in both, cig butts everywhere with unfilled holes. To icing the cake he scattered pennies after realizing we hit it HARD. Tomorrow I will be on site digging so ill inform the landowner and figure out who this clown is.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a special place for trolls, it’s really hot and there is nothing under their coils but pull tabs though they all ring up like silver half’s!!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blk hole, that's just plain funny.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell troll goodbye

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread