First mosquito bite

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the 20th of February, 75 degrees today so I have all the windows open, had the doors open a bit today too. I'm reclining in my chair reading about everybody's great finds and learning a lot of good info. On the only good leg I have, I look down and a huge mosquito is a half pint into me. IT"S THE 20th OF FEBRUARY. REALLY. It's going to be a nasty summer in the woods this year.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We got up to 50F today, with a good amount of rain, same for tomorrow. Had a big fat moth fly into the house, entertainment for the cats.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate biting critters!! This winter hasn’t been bad and I have a feeling that the woods are going to be hell on earth. Unfortunately right now most of my permissions are wooded areas and I am dreading this summer.

FingerChili

Feb 17, 2018
SF Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, mosquitoes eat me alive. They come out, I go inside. Now I'm worried.

Weirdly, it was in the 30s this morning. Weirdly cold for how weirdly warm it's been.

Weird.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it hit 70 here today as well. No mosquito's yet but im sure they will be here considering all the rain we have had over the past week.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, it got up to 71.
Two insects were spotted and dispatched to the insect hereafter without anyone getting bit.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mosquitos hate the taste of me. I average one bite a year, usually in late Sept or Oct. My daughter gets eaten alive by mosquitos. It is torture on her body when we go camping in the summer.

OP
OP
lookingharder

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid my mom would load us up on Garlic and we never got bit by anything. I was clearing about an acre of trees and brush two tears ago and remembered the garlic trick and didn't get one mosquito bite or one tick. Didn't do the garlic trick last year and got eaten alive. Time to start having a garlic smoothy in the mornings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread