Corporate permissions

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping some of the TNet folks could offer me some advice on seeking permission to hunt a field that was recently purchased by a corporation that is located in another state. The field is heavy with local history. I had approached the previous landowner and was denied access. I stopped by the local office to see if I could hunt it, the gentleman behind the counter emailed his supervisor. The email went up the chain of command, end results permission denied.I
Any and all advice will be welcomed.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getting a corporate permission can be a pain in the
donkey.gif~c200

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepperj is correct and it is almost impossible.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It all boils down to liability.

Sometimes having your own liability insurance helps with a yes, but most don't want to be bothered.

If you find a native/historical find that the Arcies find out about then it could mean $$$ for the corporation and a burr in the development plans.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I won't go there. Try for the land that surrounds and ajoines it. But be cool. I wouldn't say a word about the Corp. Property.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
It all boils down to liability.

Sometimes having your own liability insurance helps with a yes, ....

Ha, well that's what they'll TELL you. Eh ? The old song & dance of "no because of liability concerns". So the md'r offers to go out and attain a liability ins. policy. Or proudly whips out one he already carries on himself (because perhaps he's a business owner.) But then guess what ? : You STILL get a "no". Showing you that the real truth of the matter is:

... most don't want to be bothered..

Most ? I would say "all". So the song & dance of "liability" is just a polite way of saying "No, we'd rather not be bothered".

As for me ? I never hunt nameless faceless vacant fields owned by nameless faceless corporations located in other states :rolleyes: :wave:

OP
OP
Jamie1993

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks All for your opinions. The area around the property is all developed by corporations and homes. This one of the last areas open to try to get on. This area was involved in the war of 1812. So should I try and write up the corporate ladder or just drop and loose all the possible history that could be there?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would still make the call. What’s the worst they can say? NO?

You truly miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. CALL THEM!!!

Tell them you are doing some historical research of the area and you would be more then happy to share the findings with them. Being a professional photographer I always said that I would take a few photos of the area before it was developed then come back after the development was complete and do some more from the exact same angles so that they can have some before and after.it helps being an award winning photographer but not necessary. Send them some photos of your work so they know yiu are not a quack. That was my foot in the door. I would send them some nice digital files then they would ask for some prints after the project was complete to display in their corporate offices which they ended up buying. I also gave them th digital files of their purchased prints to use in any of their marketing propaganda FREE OF CHARGE. The most I made from such a transaction was $10,000

Ohhh... and BTW they would also let me metal detect their big corporate parcel.

Since there was something in it for them first the ‘afterthought ‘ of metal detecting just slid in there.

YES there is more then one way to skin a cat. Remember that everyone in this world walks around with the invisible RADIO STATION CALL LETTERS on their forehead :

W. I. I. F. M.

What’s
In
It
For
Me

Now go get them and stop crying that the sky is falling.

10ED7AFD-0E9B-4313-9BD4-BCC0A60EA1B9.jpeg

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah Jamie, good luck with that. You have two choices, really. Move on, or trespass. I recommend the former.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As for me ? I never hunt nameless faceless vacant fields owned by nameless faceless corporations located in other states :rolleyes: :wave:

So you do hunt them in your own state then?

OP
OP
Jamie1993

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Waterscoop. I have found the names of the different department heads for the business. So i think with the property manager. He looks younger and maybe a little bit more persuasive to deal with. If it's a no start over again. I have a problem with being told i can't do something. It's called Hardheaded.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are only 2 ways of access to corporate owned land that is slated for development.
a. Having a friend at the very top who will get you through whatever on site security there may be..
b. Having a friend in the contracting / development phase, who will allow you access before or after the workday.
c. Trespassing is not an option.

OP
OP
Jamie1993

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trespassing is never an option. Persistence is.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Look up the No Trespassing laws for the state you live in.Laws vary state to state.Some states unless it's posted,you are NOT considered to be trespassing.some states you need to be told verbally.check tt out.

OP
OP
Jamie1993

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gentleman who operates the local business told me he had a couple of kids in the house on the property and called the cops. Since then posted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread