CORS Fire 15x15"-Anyone got one?

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I just purchased a CORS 15 X15 " Fire searchcoil for my Garrett ACE 400.My ACE came
with a 8.5 X 11" but I never used it.I had a 5 X 8" and am a happy camper with it.
I have found good coins in areas that were hunted out due to getting in between the
junk and finding the good.
I do have a couple of areas that are old,old.And it will have some good stuff
but the stuff will be deep.My 5 X 8 is good for silver at a decent depth,but not for the
really deep stuff.So I have this 15 X 15" CORS coil coming.From the UKRAINE none the less.
It'll be almost a month before it arrives.
I've read reviews and they say you get about 4-5 x-tra inches on most coins.That'll
put it down there as much as I'd like to dig.
So.anyone out there have a CORS or NEL coil they want to review?I'd sure like to hear
about it.Thanks

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Settle in for a wait. I ordered an NEL from Ukraine in November...still waiting. 😠

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this may be a little too late for you guys unless you can cancel your orders, but I got a Cors Scout on E-bay for the same price as buying one from Ukraine. it came in about 3 days. It was for my Makro Racer 2 but I found out that i didn't gain any noticeable depth from it, still its a great coil. No falsing that I could see and it covers more ground while still being light. I'll use it for woods hunting and keep the stock coil for the parks.

OP
OP
bayhawk2

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
{ Settle in for a wait. I ordered an NEL from Ukraine in November...still waiting. ��}

OGRE,Wow.According to ebay they say Mar. 22'nd.And that it has shipped.Well.Whatever I guess.
So which coil did you order?I hope we aren't disappointed.I hope the wait and money are worth it.

P.S> I hope Russia didn't bomb their factory or something....

Last edited:
OP
OP
bayhawk2

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
{I found out that i didn't gain any noticeable depth from it}

Dr. Witty-What size coil did you replace the Scout with?
I just done research on YouTube and the CORS Fire showed a big increase in depth.It's the internet so you know it is true.(heavy sarcasm) .)
The Scout is a little bigger than my stock coil that came with my ACE..8.5 X 11".I sold that one on ebay to help curve the cost of the 5 X 8.
Much better at coin shooting.
I am interested in the actual performance of the Fire coil.I hate to get burned on it,but I'm in it now.So we'll see.Thanks for the info
and your honesty.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered the Sharpshooter, Bay. Already got the "It was shipped, but came back" reply. Twice. I'm not really worried, cuz I can get a full refund...but it IS aggravating.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
{I found out that i didn't gain any noticeable depth from it}

Dr. Witty-What size coil did you replace the Scout with?
I just done research on YouTube and the CORS Fire showed a big increase in depth.It's the internet so you know it is true.(heavy sarcasm) .)
The Scout is a little bigger than my stock coil that came with my ACE..8.5 X 11".I sold that one on ebay to help curve the cost of the 5 X 8.
Much better at coin shooting.
I am interested in the actual performance of the Fire coil.I hate to get burned on it,but I'm in it now.So we'll see.Thanks for the info
and your honesty.

I replaced the stock 11x7 "Coil with the Scout. The stock Makro Racer 2 coil is a beast and goes very deep, so i wasn't surprised that i couldn't get any more depth with the Cors. I like the extra ground coverage though.

OP
OP
bayhawk2

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
'still waiting'
I have been checking the tracking on mine.It says today it is in New York.Ordered Feb. 25'th.So hopefully they have sped things up?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you are also planning on getting a sling, I bought a 12" x 15" butterfly coil 4 years ago and can only swing it for an hour unless I use my sling. Big coils add weight and can make then nose heavy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread