CTX vs ATX

Shaen9319

Jul 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been looking at the CTX 3030 for quite some time now read every forum and thing about it, as well the ATX. I understand there two different machines and the CTX is a professional and great machine why need anything else... Well depth. Max depth the CTX will even come close too is 13" and that's lucky... The ATX has gone too 20" the CTX won't even compete to that not to mention the ATX ignores hot rocks while the CTX does not. I love the CTX because we'll it's fancy, has discrimination... But I want to find stuff worth finding. My main areas of hunting will be mountain areas, large fields, lakes, farms, eastern Oregon (lava rock area many hot rocks) so I'm just curious if I'm wanting an PI machine in these areas I'm describing. If I go to a tiny park, or my backyard yeah I know a CTX would be appropriate but I'm talking about out in the field.

superior digger

Greenie
Feb 9, 2018
Copper Country
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 di pro - Garrett At Max-Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had same thoughts about the ctx - gpx and few other machines . ups just dropped off my new atx. hunting deep large targets. just need snow to melt

OP
OP
S

Shaen9319

Jul 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I went ahead and decided to get the ctx. I'll start out how others say use that, find some rings let it pay off it's self and buy my secondary machine (atx). CTX has no issues it's just not as deep as pi...then again I'm not doing any big gold or big stuff just yet so might as well get some thing that's helpful at this time. Ordering it in two weeks, making my own bundles besides there bundle packages it's going to be sweet!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're wasting a lot of money! You need to look at the Minelab Equinox 800, before you make a huge mistake. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions