Garrett AT max versus Whites MX sport in mineralized ground.

25giantsfan

Mar 5, 2018
Reno, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT on land and Garrett Infinium LS on the beach/water
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just signed up to the site/forum today but I have been metal detecting for 14 years. Currently use a Whites XLT for land and a Garrett Infinium LS for the beach/water. I am looking to buy either a Whites MX Sport or a Garrett AT Max as an additional detector for myself and for use by my wife. Would be used as a general purpose land/water detector but also in highly mineralized ground at the local beaches and desert. I have looked at the YOU TUBE reviews for both detectors. Anyone have any thoughts as to which would be better? Can't afford a multi-frequency such as the Minelab CTX 3030. Thanks.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back to the hobby, before you make a decision, have you looked into the Minelab Equinox series? I am a Fisher guy at heart, but am tempted to take a step over on the dark side. Too early for me yet, but we will see in a few months. I want to replace my 1280X Aquanaut.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum from New York! Minelab Equinox is the machine you'r looking for! :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

One solution is the new Minelab Equinox, do some research on this and other machines...knowledge is power.

GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread