So, Do You have favorite clothes to wear detecting?

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my detecting clothes, including hats, have come from a resale or thrift shop. I like the already broke in and comfortable clothes for all of the getting up and down. besides, who cares what happens to them.

I am a treasure hunter by natural design. I have a handful of caps I have picked up along side of the road. Most never get worn. My old black John Deere cap rescued from the ditch however has become one of my favorite caps ever. It has been covering my noggin nearly every hunt since I became active here on T-net and has witnessed me pop out some pretty cool stuff. It's not my "lucky" cap but, more like an old hunting dog that sticks close to my side as a faithful companion. Reminds me that my JD cap is in need of a bath. He hee...

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

halfstep

May 11, 2010
Micro thong.

:P

I prefer women's thongs so when I bend over, I can show everyone a nice whale tail. LOL

Actually, I wear carhartt bibs. Bibs are great for detecting, Plenty of room, plenty of pockets and they stay up. With pants, all the ups and downs with a bag of tools on your side makes it hard to keep your pants up. Bibs are tailored made for detecting.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just yesterday took a 4 wheeler tour of 90 acres of CW ground in a short sleeve. It got up to 66 here.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You are completely correct on the pulling up the pants. I hate it when gravity kicks in.:BangHead:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worn comfy jeans, t-shirt, boots or sneakers depending on where I am and how long I will be out. Light Windbreaker always available and a ball cap. If I hit the beach, swim trunks and t-shirt and sandals, got to cover up so no one tries to push me into the water as a "beached whale!". Some camo helps fit in around here if in some of the towns.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
This would be great for city or country metal detecting.

3487243_fpx.jpeg .

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cargo shorts, T-shirt and flip flops. Regardless of where I’m detecting

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Favorite clothes? Easy, yoga pants and a BudLight shirt. Oh, and of course, the Make America Great Again hat.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When detecting public places, I dress to blend in. Oversize shirt to cover the finds pouch and tools. The only giveaway is the knee pads and detector.

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used to be jeans & t-shirt. Now jeans will not stay up without a good stout belt..& I’m not talking about my finds pouch being loaded down. So now it is my Liberty Bib Overalls plus a nice roomy oversized t-shirt.

NorCalSmitty

Mar 13, 2018
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH Land Ranger Pro:
BH Tracker IV:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BDU pants...

My old BDU issue pants (cargo pockets, reinforced knees and crotch:laughing7:), pair of Scent Lock boots so the silver & gold can't detect my sent as I sneak up on it and a old Veterans of Oakley shirt.

Type of jacket if necessary depends on the current weather conditions.:toothy2:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought me a Detecting vest. I put all my needs it it and just grab it when i go. I keep everything i need in it. Batteries, Tooth brush , Small Magnet, Compass, Magnifying glass, Tooth picks for cleaning a coin . Gloves, Business cards and a pen, Phone , Flashlight. Water bottle,

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess that my favorite is my Carhartt overalls. they are very faded and the re-enforced knees are so shot that I recently added some large leather patches to both of them. the crotch has been sewn up twice, the second time was with heavy duty thread. I have knee pads that were cheap ones that I added more leather to. The shirt varies but is usually one of about four that I have, including the one that says "I LOVE it when MY WIFE lets me metal detect." I have three hats that I wear, according to whether they need an oil change or not. I tend to us my Crocs for shoes, that way the water or mud isn't an issue for the shoes, the fire ants love them too. Going to wear the Carhartts until they fall apart or I get too many complaints LOL.

Man, you be styling,,

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I don't have to search for anything it is READY to GO !!! Try it you will like it

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I don't do any beach hunting I thought this T-shirt would be good for those who do. I wear Jeans and a long sleeve shirt to protect me from the skeeters. Gnats are another problem!

Attachments

• 20170418_171853.jpg
    20170418_171853.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 42

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LAND HUNTING

WRANGLER® RIGGS WORKWEAR® RIPSTOP RANGER PANT
57C1BA96-0027-4517-AC35-8C8B35D7BE85.jpeg 9CE7A651-BC0C-4757-9A88-474A794E83C8.jpeg
I can insert knee pads inside the pants so I don’t look like this
FA6FCB14-AC0D-4BBD-94D5-1E39BB92FE42.jpeg

Tilley OUTBACK LIGHTWEIGHT HAT
253441DB-A71C-4939-986B-AD18CFF62007.jpeg

WATER HUNTING - Pacific Northwest water is mighty cold in the morning (avoid the crowds) and during the fall / winter

FF56711B-A0E0-458B-82B4-7539CCED9AED.jpeg 56EF6A94-A956-4463-9C4F-2493D5E6E6BF.jpeg

Or swim trunks and T-shirt in hot weather

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions