So, Do You have favorite clothes to wear detecting?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess that my favorite is my Carhartt overalls. they are very faded and the re-enforced knees are so shot that I recently added some large leather patches to both of them. the crotch has been sewn up twice, the second time was with heavy duty thread. I have knee pads that were cheap ones that I added more leather to. The shirt varies but is usually one of about four that I have, including the one that says "I LOVE it when MY WIFE lets me metal detect." I have three hats that I wear, according to whether they need an oil change or not. I tend to us my Crocs for shoes, that way the water or mud isn't an issue for the shoes, the fire ants love them too. Going to wear the Carhartts until they fall apart or I get too many complaints LOL.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Still a little chilly for crocs isn't it? :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just look at what tourists visiting the Colorado mountains wear and then don't wear that.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fire hose pants

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear Military BDU pants with a loose fitting t-shirt. Its real comfortable. I don't recommend wearing them to get a permission because its kinda back woods "Deliverance" looking.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i wear a white T shirt with faded blue jeans and combat boots and my aggies hat

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Key Brand Bib Overalls... light colored shirt,ball cap...non insulated... Danner Highland 8" Boots...in the Spring,Summer,Fall .

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You beat me to it with the same answer AARC.......Well then, look-at-us.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many layers is weather dependent - but loose, gotta do the knee bends!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fav is swim trunks and tshirt on the beach

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever I put on in the morning based on weather for the dry ground. regular beach wear and water shoes if I am detecting in the water.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I like to wear the jeans - the knees I've already permanently stained. I'm getting more of those now that I'm getting out more :)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeans. Grey or earth tone shirt. Similar colors if wearing a jacket. Sometimes camo if " out" a ways, sometimes a windbreaker with a business on it related to recreation vehicles around camp or park areas. Not looking to stand out more than need be.
Nail apron.
Always a boot.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camo, camo, and more camo. I have a well stocked wardrobe of camo T-shirts long and short sleeved, four collared button up camo shirts, three camo jackets, a few pair of camo non insulated pants, and camo hats that I don't wear often. I prefer the old black John Deere cap I found on the side of the road with some old grey hairs still hanging on to it. In the winter or cold I have several pairs of flannel or fleece lined jeans. I absolutely love them. Preferably in earth tones such as green or khaki. I have been trekking in a nice pair of Rocky Gore-Tex 800 gram Thinsulate camo boots this fall and winter. I also love a nice pair of Merino wool socks to keep my feet warm and dry for long outings. In the summer I wear lighter camo shorts t-shirts and Teva sandals if it's warm out. I gave up caring what folks think about this weirdo ransacking the countryside all decked out in camo. I am at peace with my surroundings and love when critters walk up on me as if I am a tree. Most everything I wear is from second hand thrift stores or flea-bay. I rarely buy new clothing with the exception of socks, footwear, and my BVD's, in camo of course. Treasure is wear you find it. Even a nice used camo piece of gear for my wardrobe at a bargain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread