Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I normally do a quick scan of my trash before putting it in the condemned bucket and I usually find most anything worthy of keeping. But yesterday, I had poured everything out onto this very large plastic bin lid to see if anything worthy was there and missed something. We were in a hurry, going to meet up with some friends at a restaurant like we do every Tuesday evening. I was waiting on the wife (the norm) and happened to check out the trash once more as I waited. I hadn't thrown it in the bucket yet. I just happened to see this crumpled piece of metal, still coated in dried mud. I decided to see what it might be and as I wiped it off, I could see stamped letters and I suddenly realized that it was my third WWII GI Dog Tag and I almost threw it away. I am in process of sending it back to a family member, will have it sent this week. So, I know that most of you do but if you don't, CHECK YOUR TRASH BEFORE YOU THROW IT AWAY! DL

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'll be the first to say I don't check close enough. I go through my pouch and usually get the wire, foil,pulltabs,etc. But every now and then I'll see a dirt clod with something in it. Most times I'll put it on the work bench for later because it usually time to eat.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry a small plastic bucket with me while hunting just for the trash. When I do find something (like you did) that I'm not sure about, it goes into the coin pouch for further inspection later at home. Most times?, trash, but, there have been surprises.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I keep a 5 gallon bucket in the back of the truck for the majority of my trash finds, the bigger obvious stuff plus it is there to show people what I find mostly. But, I still go thru that before done with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread