How to fix FAT fingers on a XP Deus

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My finger are old and have trouble pressing the control buttons on the XP Deus. I went to a Discount Drugmart and purchased rubber scratch savers I am sure there are many other stores you can purchase them. The ones I bought come on a sheet of about 30 to 40. They cost me $2.00 I wiped off my control unit and peeled off 6 of them one at a time and stuck them on the buttons of the controller. Man is it FAR easier to press the buttons i need to use. IMG_3124.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3122.JPG
    IMG_3122.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thats why i like dials , it's so much easier to tweak a dial than push little buttons that sound off and have to push ten times to change your disc.....just sayin..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Mod, thank you for sharing.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing that 4 years ago the pad on the pinpoint finally fell of the other day. May leave that one off seems easier to find the pinpoint without looking.

Will have to hunt with it a few more times to decide.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe just take them all off except pinpoint and return back

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ought to work great, might even keep some of the dirt from getting in behind the button or building up there too

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gare's mod is very nice, works great and should work very well with those membrane protectors. very cheap and you will have plenty of replacements. immediately found it much easier to use the buttons which can be very troublesome at times. well worth the less than $5 spent. buttons push quick and easy and possibly helps keep some of the dirt/mud from building up in the buttons. sweet mod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions