CIA--are you there?

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
researcher only at this point
Primary Interest:
Other
Calling all treasure hunters. I am attempting to find Jerry Strickland (or what is left of him), a self declared 'CIA contract pilot' who in the 1980's stated he had buried nearly two hundred million dollars in gold and cash on his property in Paradise, Calif. shortly before he was arrested and spirited away by federal authorities. Over a month ago I wrote the CIA and asked them about this matter. See what the letter said and so far the answer from them at http://www.whathappenedtojerry.com]. My resources are very limited so I ask you to search with me and please...pass this along to others.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The cash, gold, and 14-pounds of cocaine were all recovered by the NSA shortly after Strickland's interrogation and subsequent dirt nap. Bad stuff happens to good guys gone bad. :skullflag:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The cash, gold, and 14-pounds of cocaine were all recovered by the NSA shortly after Strickland's interrogation and subsequent dirt nap.....

You've been duped. That's what *they* (the CIA) wants you to think. It's all a conspiracy. The govt. *wants* you to believe it's all been recovered, in a clever attempt to keep the general public from going out to search for it. They send black helicopters out (with silencers on them so you don't hear them) to monitor the area to make sure no one's searching for it.

Dark smokey rooms, with men in trench coats, watch computer monitors to keep tabs on your every move. A big conspiracy. So secret, that you can not find any evidence of it. And if you disagree with this coverup, then the burden of proof is on you to dis-prove it. And of course, you can't , since they've cleverly covered all their tracks.

Muhahaha

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Muhahaha, perhaps so. But if you looked at the data on Jerry Strickland at what happened to jerry (hope i got it right this time) you will note the story is pretty straight forward and plausable. You must not have been a dope dealing hippy in the 80's son, the years of real money in the drug trade. Millions a week were made by those who got there first and thanks to the CIA there were plenty of applicants.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 80's dope trade made so much money through MIAMI ALONE...

that a new reserve had to be opened to handle the flow of cash.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calling all treasure hunters. I am attempting to find Jerry Strickland (or what is left of him), a self declared 'CIA contract pilot' who in the 1980's stated he had buried nearly two hundred million dollars in gold and cash on his property in Paradise, Calif. shortly before he was arrested and spirited away by federal authorities. Over a month ago I wrote the CIA and asked them about this matter. See what the letter said and so far the answer from them at http://www.whathappenedtojerry.com]. My resources are very limited so I ask you to search with me and please...pass this along to others.

You couldn't really have expected the CIA to respond to your request did you? Intelligence agencies do not respond to civilian requests for anything, only questions they respond to is through the Freedom Of Information Act and I would't hold my breath even then if I was you.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm gonna call my friend Poppo,, he knows everything.
With the CIA in California and the FBI in Pennsylvania, we're going to run out of places to dig.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well how dumb was he to say where he buried it?

I'm not cia but I'll see what I can find

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the IRS can find him, especially if they think he might owe taxes.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm gonna call my friend Poppo,, he knows everything.
With the CIA in California and the FBI in Pennsylvania, we're going to run out of places to dig.
While you're at it ask him if he knows anything about the goings on at the 31 area M.C.A.S El Toro in Cali.in the early 70s. I'd be interested in seeing what he comes up with. No! I wasn't there, was never involved in or had any knowledge what so ever.......... Let me know what you find.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you submitted a FOIA request yet?
Have you researched the newspaper articles of the time & years after? Go to the Library of Congress or Smithsonian newspaper look ups. Might find some puzzle pieces there. You'd be surprised. Google up some of the conspiracy web sites, see if there's any posts or articles. Check the old adventure magazines. Sounds like you started at the last choice left spot. You know the one where you end up with two Fuller Brush salesmen looking guys on your porch wanting a chat.

As Charlie said, All you're going to get with FOIA is the can't find the file spiel or at best the we found your file. but it's so extensive it'll cost you ten or twenty thousand dollars to reproduce & get it to you. Would you like to proceed?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Sounds like you started at the last choice left spot. You know the one where you end up with two Fuller Brush salesmen looking guys on your porch wanting a chat.

I started where I would actually begin an investigation like this. A letter can be ignored. A FOIA will get a response. If it's not a response that's helpful, I'd then begin pursuing other options. Attempting to crowdsource the problem on a treasure hunting forum would likely be my last stop.

I wouldn't worry about receiving a visit. The CIA gets FOIA requests every day, and some of them are on very sensitive subjects - not the sort of subject that exists on the internet, in fact. They have better things to do with their time.

As Charlie said, All you're going to get with FOIA is the can't find the file spiel or at best the we found your file. but it's so extensive it'll cost you ten or twenty thousand dollars to reproduce & get it to you. Would you like to proceed?

Or they'd simply say that due to the sensitivity of the information being requested, they can't help you. You'd know for sure if you asked though.

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You couldn't really have expected the CIA to respond to your request did you? Intelligence agencies do not respond to civilian requests for anything, only questions they respond to is through the Freedom Of Information Act and I would't hold my breath even then if I was you.

This from CIA on initial contacts.

"Contact CIA

The Office of Public Affairs (OPA) is the single point of contact for all inquiries about the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

We read every letter, fax, or e-mail we receive, and we will convey your comments to CIA officials outside OPA as appropriate. However, with limited staff and resources, we simply cannot respond to all who write to us."

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I have been half expecting a visit. But always happy to chat with our trusted officials. In all my years those guys are about the only feds I haven't run into. But I'm only 73 so there should be time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread