Metal Detectors

goldgeek

Mar 11, 2018
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to everyone.
I have been looking for a website like this for sometime now.
I am quite new to prospecting and have so many questions for you guys.
I have 4 questions today
a- Are there metal detectors that are made specifically to prospect gold only?
b- which is the best if they exist?
c- Can they locate gold at a very deep depth?
d- Can they be used on land and in water?

Look forward to receiving your replies.
Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are gold detectors that are designed to find tiny gold nuggets, BUT there is no detector designed to find just gold. Metal detectors are just that "metal" detectors. There are gold detectors designed to be used in the water such as the Minelab SDC2300, others have coils that are water proof and can be used in shallow water, others have water resistant coils and can not be submerged. Most gold detectors are not waterproof. Depth is dependent on many factors including coil size, soil conditions and noise conditions.

It would help more if you told us your budget, and the type of gold hunting you are wanting to do.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard GoldGeek! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello GoldGeek, and welcome to T-Net!

a- Are there metal detectors that are made specifically to prospect gold only? Yes.

b- which is the best if they exist? Minelab GPZ 7000; Minelab GPX 5000; Minelab Goldmonster 1000; Fisher Goldbug II; Tesoro Lobo Super Traq; Whites Goldmaster.

c- Can they locate gold at a very deep depth? A Minelab GPZ 7000, can find a 1-ounce nugget at 40" deep. The Goldmonster can find the same nugget at 15" deep.

d- Can they be used on land and in water? Mostly no. But the Garrett AT Gold and Minelab Equinox 800 can.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Treasure-hunter does a good job at your questions. And to clarify a point on Terry Solomon's answer to your question #1 : Well ...... yes and no. Trust me: The detectors that Terry has in mind, WILL INDEED be finding other metals too. Eg.: copper, aluminum, brass, iron, silver, etc.... But sure: The *intent* of those genre machines were made for guys looking for teeennsssy nuggets. But that's not to say they don't also beep on other metals too.

Also gold-geek: It's not clear if you were talking about nuggets and prospecting ? Or gold as in "caches" (large objects).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread